Author Topic: Interface and backgrounds - is it possible ?  (Read 3134 times)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Interface and backgrounds - is it possible ?
Is it possible to have the original FS1 interface and backgrounds in the FSPort ? I would really like that , because I liked it in the FS1 demo , but won't be able to play the full FS1 ( no download of it and no in-game mouse control ) .

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: Interface and backgrounds - is it possible ?
You know, this HAS been discussed before.

The answer to both is no.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
And the reason for that is ... ?  :doubt:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Too much work.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Alright ...

Would have looked much better though

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Agreed.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
It would have looked much better, yes, but the FS2 interface is hard-coded. The most anyone would be able to do is a simple recolor. And the FS1 backgrounds are pretty crappy by today's standards, and it would be a really stark contrast between them and hi-detail effects.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It would have looked much better, yes, but the FS2 interface is hard-coded. The most anyone would be able to do is a simple recolor. And the FS1 backgrounds are pretty crappy by today's standards, and it would be a really stark contrast between them and hi-detail effects.

It can be done, but it would not be a good effect (stretched?) and it would take a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time to do.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
I think one would need to open up every piece of interface art and then resize it for 1024x768.  Not impossible, but it would take a long time indeed.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.