Author Topic: Helping out with the ST:R website  (Read 3393 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Helping out with the ST:R website
Anybody want to chip in as a pinch website designer for Silent Threat: Reborn?  Both Admiral Nelson and I are tremendously busy nowadays, so we don't have the time to devote to this that we want.  But if someone is willing to put together a site for us, based on the current FSPort design, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

As incentive, you would get early access to ST:R and some other Port goodies. :D

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Helping out with the ST:R website
Anybody want to chip in as a pinch website designer for Silent Threat: Reborn?  Both Admiral Nelson and I are tremendously busy nowadays, so we don't have the time to devote to this that we want.  But if someone is willing to put together a site for us, based on the current FSPort design, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

As incentive, you would get early access to ST:R and some other Port goodies. :D

Can I use Nvu?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
As long as it outputs readable HTML, yeah.  But we've had problems in the past -- in both the Port and in SA -- where the person who designed the website disappeared, and I had to rewrite the entire thing in HTML just so I could understand and edit it.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Nvu is supposed to be very good at WYSIWYG, and outputs nice HTML, from what I understand.... and I don't think I'm disappearing from here any time soon, unless kara decides to ban me for one reason or another (like poking him, for instance).
* jr2 looks at karajorma, readies poking finger, then decides to sit on his hands instead.

:nervous:

EDIT:  Umm, don't mean to be offensive here, but... the FSPort website.. if I'm looking at the right one.. it kinda sucks, IMHO.  Needs better layout, and the text blends in with the background textures.  This coming from someone who's never done an official website.  (I suppose I should let you know that.)  :doubt:

FoW: Pretty good, but the star background is to thick, needs more blank space to make it look better.
DeM: same as above.
T-VW: Good, but perhaps add some stars.  :rolleyes:  But it looks good as-is as well.
FSPort: kinda cool, but needs major (GFX-wise) overhaul, IMHO
S-TR: Eh...
S-A: same as T-VW
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 08:49:28 pm by jr2 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
So what does that mean... you want to do it, with reservations?  Or you want to make some changes first?  Or you don't want to do it?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Hmm.  It means I can take a shot at it... Make a highlight, have all the HLP members cross their fingers for me.  :shaking:  Do I just edit the .HTML files, and give them to you?  But then, I'd need a place to upload images etc... do I need a password of some type so I can save to the site?  I think I'll put my changes / new additions on a different page(s), with different names, and then rename them to the original (current) names after you've had a look.  What's the time-frame?  Within a month from now?  Less?  More?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Tell you what.  Make a prototype ST:R site on geocities or something, following the template of the current Port site.

I know a guy who I think can help.  Let me try and recruit him.
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Cool.. otherwise, this would just be a reskinned FSPort website.