Author Topic: Cutscene for Failure on Endgame Petition  (Read 77681 times)

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
Re: Cutscene for Failure on Endgame Petition
so...i checked nearly every tbl file. i see absolutely no possibility for implementation so that all cutscenes are visible in the tech-room.

but just add the file to your movies-folder and edit the freespace.fc2-campaign with fred by adding the name of the file to mission sm2-10a to "briefing cutscene".
works fine.

Offline CKid

So I click on Download Now, but instead of giving me a pop up asking me where I want it to be saved, It tries to play through my internet Media Bar but can't and then it tells me that I have a error. It's not letting me download it. Whats up?

edit: Never mind, I got it to download.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 01:24:34 pm by CKid »
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Wow. This thing grew 3 pages overnight. :eek:
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
ATM I´m motivated ;)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
so...i checked nearly every tbl file. i see absolutely no possibility for implementation so that all cutscenes are visible in the tech-room.
Cutscenes work the same as ships and weapons in the tech room.  You need to create a new pilot and then play the cutscene in the campaign (or use Ctrl-Shift-S) before it will appear.

And I agree with Cobra.  Don't show five different shots of the Lucifer jumping in.  Just show one... my vote is the one from the bottom-left of the Lucifer (the second shot).

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Umm... what prog was used to convert our cutscenes to .ogg?  Icey seems to need it.

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
found several on the net...Google "avi - ogg conversion", quite a few come up
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
as told. avi works fine also INGAME! i tested it.....

btw:
the (hopefulle) final cut is just uploading  :pimp:

furthermore its divx-format now. only 28 MB left.....
original uncompressed is 4 GB  :rolleyes: the whole project 14 GB  :wtf:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Can't find and free ones.

And, IIRC, 3.6.9 is the last version of FSO that will have .avi support, unless I'm mistaken.  :/

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
that would be bad :/ avi makes is easier!

btw: here the file. enjoy (hopefully)

http://files.filefront.com/vasudaavi/;9251010;/fileinfo.html
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 05:33:06 pm by IceyJones »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
IDK why, but I"m getting some audio distortion... did you normalize the audio track?  Hmm... can you up the audio track source and I can normalize it for you, see what you think?  I have a nice speaker system, but it's still sounding a bit crackly.  :(

EDIT: I think the music track and sound FX should be normalized separately...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I don't see how normalizing would do that, it's the compression to DivX format. that's quite a step backwards from 190+ MB to 20MB.

Also, hot damn, that's some moving stuff. (But does the Lucifer beam have to be flat on the end? :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
(But does the Lucifer beam have to be flat on the end? :P

yes.....thats the athmospheric diffraction effect, that is well known on vasuda. the special athmospheric layering lead in vasudan evolution to this strange voices.......logical  :lol: :p

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
as told. avi works fine also INGAME! i tested it.....

avi support is being taken out and replaced with ogg IIRC.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I don't see how normalizing would do that, it's the compression to DivX format. that's quite a step backwards from 190+ MB to 20MB.

Also, hot damn, that's some moving stuff. (But does the Lucifer beam have to be flat on the end? :P

Mm... no, it's more than that.  YouTube clips sound better than that (if done properly)... If I can get at the source sounds, I'll try to fix it.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
And I agree with Cobra.  Don't show five different shots of the Lucifer jumping in.  Just show one... my vote is the one from the bottom-left of the Lucifer (the second shot).
There you go. The Goober has spoken.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
It's already been done, Sherlock!
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:wtf:

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
the sound is UNCOMPRESSED!!! 1400 kbit/s if windows shows it in the file-options correctly!   the problem is coming from the source-files of the original VPs!

you cannot make a chicken salat out of chicken ****

but to be honest.....i hear very few cracking when i pump up the volume to disco-level only. i cannot imagine that
adobe premiere makes the sound more worse than it was originally.....

but i´m a little bit disappointed about the reactions here. all are waiting with their critics until the end when the work is DONE. the sound quality
could have been commented already with the preview-release or here:
okay folks....comments so far appreciated....i know the vortex is not optimal, but until i get a higher resolution alphamap i cannot do more.......would take a lot of time to meet all settings a way to match the blender-look of VA´s great vortex

and the beam already here:
okay....upload complete....pls find my first vasuda-impact scene here:

and the cut with lucy jumping in IS revised colecampbell. compare with the preview....not 5 times switching between 2 scenes like ping pong. cut is now:
-jumpin1
-jumpin2
-jumpin1 (had to come back to "1", as the planet appears in this render)
-jumpin3 (lucy frontal-cut with ghosting effect)
-vasuda
- ...etc

and the cut is on a straight timeline now. no overlapping time or jump back in the timeline left anymore......
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 02:01:43 am by IceyJones »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
the sound is UNCOMPRESSED!!! 1400 kbit/s if windows shows it in the file-options correctly!   the problem is coming from the source-files of the original VPs!

Excellent.  Do you have the clips from the originals still?  I mean, the separate audio pieces that you had?  If so, and you can send them to me, I'll try to fix it.  :/  Otherwise, I'll just rip the audio off of what I've got here, and normalize that for you to see the effect.  In fact, nvm, I'll try that first just to see if that's the problem.  The reason I'm raising a fuss is it spoils the majestic effect a little... it can't attain the power it should.

you cannot make a chicken salat out of chicken ****

but to be honest.....i hear very few cracking when i pump up the volume to disco-level only. i cannot imagine that
adobe premiere makes the sound more worse than it was originally.....

but i´m a little bit disappointed about the reactions here. all are waiting with their critics until the end. the sound quality
could have been commented already with the preview-release.

But I didn't listen to the preview release.  :p