Author Topic: Cutscene for Failure on Endgame Petition  (Read 77338 times)

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
Re: Cutscene for Failure on Endgame Petition
Quote from: colecampbell666
1. Too many shots of the Lucifer jumping in.
2. The beam is flat.
3. The shockwave is too grainy.

1. why? only 2 jumpinshots left and i need them to fit to the music as later on the music soundl like action......and the action is the beam-shot itself. the third from frontal is just for looking nice with the ghosting effect.....i like the frontal view of lucy as is looks like a skull

2. i know....this will be fixed

3. i do not understand...why grainy? in which scene?

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
3. i do not understand...why grainy? in which scene?
At the end, where it shows the whole planet.

I didn't see the updated version without all of the jump scenes.

And is the static supposed to be from the jump node, or is it just low bit-rate music.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
pls tell me your thoughts what could be changed.
Well, it's good as-is, but here are my thoughts on what could be done with the various scenes.

At the beginning, the camera faces the sun, then pans right.  But it should pan into the perspective from scene 2, where the Lucifer emerges from subspace and you're looking at it from the lower port angle.  A single, extended shot of the Lucifer arriving from subspace is much better than two shots.

In the same way, when the Lucifer opens fire, there should be one continuous shot on the city, just like in the cbani.  Only after the shockwave reaches the camera should we cut back to the outer-space view.

It would be cool to see an outer-space view of the consequences of the beam firing.  Perhaps there should be a dark cloud that spreads across the planet as the beam fires.  Also, the beam should fire continuously.

Also, the planet looks a little low in detail.  It would be nice if someone helped improve it.

Other than those suggestions, I think it's good. :)

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
@ cole
you mean the view attached?
hmmm....i like it this way.....looks like tourbulent clouds emerging after the shockwave past the ground imho

the static at the beginning durting the sun-view came from the slowed down subspace-background-sound i fixed that already....next version is free from this "cracks" in the sound....

and regarding the jumpin scenes:
compare it with the preview, then you see what has changed

@goober
good? your suggestions would change all and im not willing to do that....sorry. i would like to give some reasons for that

jumpin:
my opinion is, that only one shot will be boring. also the original endgame scene shows lucy from diffrent views. furthermore changing this would mean to revise EVERYTHING! i could trash 2 GB rendered frames that are ready in higher quality already....took 20 hours to render them with these settings....on my X2 :(

cityshot:
are you sure? first show the complete take and then jump back in the timeline to space and show it again?! no.....that would be the same as the first jumpin-version and everyone complained about that. its like everywhere. ask 5 people and you will get 10 meanings....

one continous shot:
here i disagree as this would not be correct. also lucifers beam is not strong enough to destroy the whole planet in one shot! in the cb-ani is said, that lucifer bombards vasuda since 13 hours! if you want it as it was in the cb-ani, watch the cb ani....

planet texture:
could be better, right.....if someone has a high res texture that fits this look i would be open to re-render the planet-takes....nevertheless i would be also happy with the version as it is now...

@ all
normaly i keep calm but this can change very quick....critics are always welcome and im willing to accept them in order to improove everything, but i HATE critics when ALL IS DONE. specially when everyone had the chance to give critics....

in general im disappointed how this here proceeded. during the whole ****ing process of posting shots, preview-animations etc. all were happy. when everything is ready suddenly everyone complains about things they said "HURRAY" before....

so i will revise the quality of the cutscene, render the complete next week, post the de-bugged and improoved version, and then im finished with this....if someone else like to overdo everything again, feel free to contact me. i send you the c4d-files so you can change everthing on your own....

thanks

edit:
general suggestion on making cutscenes and also my fault. i should have done it after noone did it:

so do a script and scetches incl. times!!!! discuss it! post it! finalize it!
complains after that are not allowed...the only thing is then the quality of the rendering itself and the look of it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 12:24:42 pm by IceyJones »

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
I suppose that is it hard in general to give feedback on projects like this.  In the first place you aren't being paid to do the work and there is a degree to which criticism can be over the top.  The other issue is people may give feedback sort of randomly when they log in and happen to see things, which is what may also lead to rework or reopening stuff that you think is closed.  I have certainly had this issue for instance over in FSCRP, where it appears to be hard even to just get people to play the game and post feedback.  One would think it wouldn't be hard to find players on a board devoted to the game itself, but there you are.  I suppose I just mean for you not to get frustrated by this kind of criticism; that just seems to be how it happens in unpaid / fan projects.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Just saw the toasting of Vasuda vid by IceyJones.......awesomeness.....almost like something [V] would've made.  :shaking::D :yes: :yes:

*tries to stop shaking*

It really sticks close to what you see in the ani too. Very well done, can't wait for more!

EDIT: Er, that's if any more are in the works. Must be very labour intensive...nice work though.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 02:33:00 pm by lostllama »

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
hi nelson,

i know. maybe i expect 2 much. i found fsopen one month before and im fascinated by this whole SCP-fan-project. thus im also motivated and doing things 2 quick and fast.....i transfer this motivation on the others, but the productive comments are relative rare to the end.....only when we started the response was better....it seems i have to live with that...maybe i should just ignore critism after a certain procedure of the "project"....this 2 late commentors just had bad luck...

nevertheless it makes me sad, as i´m a perfectionist in some way.....

but back 2 business...enclosed a view old/new look of the ani....slight changes that do a lot imho

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
IceyJones: I guess there must be a language barrier, or I'm not explaining myself properly, because I think you misinterpreted some of what I said.  Most notably in the city shot: the Lucifer fires from space, then the beam hits the city and spreads out, then the camera cuts back to space to show an expanding cloud.  It would probably be easier to explain with a storyboard.

Nevertheless, I am very happy with the cutscene as it is now; and as I said, it looks very good. :)

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
This is a really powerful scene...

I've just realized...correct me if im wrong, but inserting this scene will mean Anicients 4 will have to be moved. either that or both rolled in to one long scene....

Hmm...Ancients 4 as normal till the end, then it disolves into Icey's scene...that would look interesting
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
Quote from: terran_emperor
I've just realized...correct me if im wrong, but inserting this scene will mean Anicients 4 will have to be moved. either that or both rolled in to one long scene....

no.....fits between ancients 3 and 4 perfectly

fc2-file attached
filename "VASUDA.AVI"
ensure that its named this way and placed unter fsport/data/movies

« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 04:23:41 pm by IceyJones »

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
 :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Progress is slow, but it is still...progressing:
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
great VA! you are far surpassing  :v:´s quality of cutscenes if you proceed this way.....cannot wait until you release it!

my video is final now and uploading. i managed to improove quality in picture AND sound....i will open an independent thread for the final release util its uploaded....

link 2 thread
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,50977.msg1030461.html#msg1030461
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 07:07:56 pm by IceyJones »

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Link it to this one.

BTW, are you a professional cutscene artist?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
Link it to this one.

BTW, are you a professional cutscene artist?

link is done above

and no....no really ;) just hobby...

btw: someone has a vasudan-mesh, boned and ready for kinematics?!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 05:25:39 am by IceyJones »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
A Vasudan mesh would be awesome. :) Unfortunately, nobody has completed one yet.  Typically, a new forum member arrives, starts modelling a Vasudan, posts screenshots, and then disappears before anything is released. :(

Here is the most recent attempt: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,47406.0.html

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
damn.....i´m a nothing in character-modeling and rigging.....

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Ok, which looks better?
Regular glow:

Or angry red glow:

It was an effect used very nicely in the FS1 intro, so I thought I'd give it a go here. Ignore all the debris and crap in the scene - those are the leftovers from the previous shot. :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
definately WITH the glow.....i used nearly the same in the vasuda-toasting ;)

and by the way: great look of your vortex as well as the lucy itself. furthermore this cam-angle looks fantastic! proceed this way ;)

but i have one suggestion. place a red-light into the gap in the nose for more red in this gap......it is nearly a closed room where the red spots would reflect to the other walls....like i did:

and by the way 2:
i´m still waiting for the animated alpha map of the vortex ;)

I think with the glow looks better.

Without the glow it looks a bit bland, but with it, it emphasizes the fact that the Lucy is evil. ;7
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"