Author Topic: Vasuda-Toasting-Cutscene / FINAL-Release + Extended Version Release  (Read 83579 times)

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
Vasuda-Toasting-Cutscene / FINAL-Release + Extended Version Release
okay

here is the final-final release. sound is mp3 now and the video is XVid, both with high rates and no difference visible to original rendering. filesize approx. 50 MB.......enjoy.

Link to old version removed

EDIT:
EXTENDED VERSION AVI (77 mb):
http://files.filefront.com/vasuda+newavi/;9332734;/fileinfo.html

EXTENDED VERSION OGG (68 mb):
http://files.filefront.com/vasuda+newogg/;9333129;/fileinfo.html

- DL and copy the file of your choice to your fsport/data/movies folder

- then modify the "freespace.fc2"-campaign-file this way:
  add  the filename under mission options of mission "sm2-10a" into "briefing cutscene"

- save the campaign

during the campaign it will play then

« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 06:55:59 am by IceyJones »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: Vasuda-Toasting-Cutscene / FINAL-Release
Did you try converting it to .ogg?

Also, I bow to your cutscene prowess. :D

[EDIT] Damn, that's good stuff. FPS remains a bit low in some places, and you didn't take Goober5000's suggestion about the beam firing sequence. :( (You know, the one about firing the beam, then transitioning into the beam impact scene. Would shave about three seconds off)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 07:13:14 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
not yet...everyone feel free to do that 4 me ;)

but just rename avi to ogg and it will work i think.....its xvid and mp3

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Very nice! :D
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline CKid

@#%!ing great! Nice to see cains with the Super Destroyer. :yes:

edit:
not yet...everyone feel free to do that 4 me ;)

but just rename avi to ogg and it will work i think.....its xvid and mp3

renaming avi to ogg does not work.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 08:31:49 pm by CKid »
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Enjoy your highlight and title. :)

(I still say you should have changed the beam firing sequence though. :()

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Extremely nice work! I'm impressed.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
omgomgomg
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
i have no words.
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Phreak pretty much captured my train of thought.

Great work and impressive subspace exit for the lucifer. (the cains must have either already been there or . . . ya what's up with that?)

I would have liked many beam shots as well. Perhaps the luci can beam the camera as it looks up at the lucifer from the point of view of vasuda?

Offline Nuclear1

*cums*

I love you.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Excellent work on this. I love the initial warp-in effect and camera angles.

One minor suggestion: you may want to change the planet image, as Vasuda Prime is darker and more grayish (the planet looks more like Io right now). There is one command briefing animation in FS1 where you can see what Vasuda Prime looks like.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Maybe it's the one that shows the planet being beamed to death. -_-

Great job man, perfect, couldn't have been done better.

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
Wow, that was simply astounding! The great models, the exellent camera (Very nice job with the camera!) And, where can I get the beam, lolgosh? That was awsome!
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.

You, sir, are amazing. :yes:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
hello everyone,

thanks for the flowers  :pimp:

i know that there are still some things that could have been improoved, but sometimes you have to declare something finished or it never will be....but as we have a release now most people can "work" with, maybe i find the time to extend it piece 4 piece.....

regarding the cains. someone said it would be nice to see, that lucy is not alone. they represent the fleet. but my intension was not to show the arrival of them, but lucy´s. so i declare that they jumped in a few minutes before and met lucy on their way to the planet  ;)

@goober
sorry for not changing the sequence. i sat there last night and thought about it but found no simple solution for changing this, as this would have changed the whole music-cut and the way it is actually fits perfectly imho. furthermore i would have had to re-render the complete sequence as the timings would be wrong then  :( sorry....:warp:

but many thanks for the highlight....didnt expected that and i´m very surprised and happy about it  :eek2:

btw:
how do you like the hell-scream when lucy is moving into the camera?

btw 2:
the lucy model i got from VA. the others are just extracted from the VP´s and converted to cinema. only thing i had to do in all cases is reconstructing the materials as the ex- and import does not work. only the uva-coordinates as well as the poly-selections come with the obj-files i created out from 3d-explorer....

sounds are original except the music. its from B5-narn-bomobardment. a m8 from the board here sent it to me. and finally the hell-scream is from doom3.

btw3 @ azile0
the beam is a mixture of 4 different, visible lights with a well tweaked wavy-noise....i´ve done an xpresso-coding for it. so i only need to animate two parameters for all (length and visibility) and not both for all four lights.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 02:44:19 am by IceyJones »

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Looks very pretty. I like it.

The scream when the Luci passes by is good. Gives it even more a feeling of beeing evil ^_^

Little things would be that I don't like the engine glows on the Shivan ships and that the Luci seams to be very shine/reflective. You could see the starts beeing reflected on it. First I thought it was a rendering problem.
As said this are very little things.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
Quote from: Cobra
[EDIT] Damn, that's good stuff. FPS remains a bit low in some places, and you didn't take Goober5000's suggestion about the beam firing sequence. :( (You know, the one about firing the beam, then transitioning into the beam impact scene. Would shave about three seconds off)

result would be a complete re-render as some scenes need to run slower then in order to fit the music again  :doubt: three seconds are a lot....

Quote from: CP5670
One minor suggestion: you may want to change the planet image, as Vasuda Prime is darker and more grayish (the planet looks more like Io right now). There is one command briefing animation in FS1 where you can see what Vasuda Prime looks like.

i know the animation and it is not consistent. the view on the city shows a VERY orange-brown-colour of the sky and the orbit-escape scene shows this gray....i liked the orange more ;)

Quote from: jediben20
Great work and impressive subspace exit for the lucifer. (the cains must have either already been there or . . . ya what's up with that?)

see my explanation above ;)

Quote from: jediben20
I would have liked many beam shots as well. Perhaps the luci can beam the camera as it looks up at the lucifer from the point of view of vasuda?

had such a scene included but had to cut it out. somehow it does not fit to the music unfortunately. on some battlefields you have to calculate with casualties  :lol:

Quote from: gevatter Lars
Little things would be that I don't like the engine glows on the Shivan ships and that the Luci seams to be very shine/reflective. You could see the starts beeing reflected on it. First I thought it was a rendering problem.

i know. i have only a little fresnel-reflection on the material. i thought it is a good compromise to the original and media-VP-lucifer which is like a mirror! only problem is, that due to the low-poly-mesh you get some hard edges in the surface the phong-shading cannot compensate.

and the enginge-glows are original media-VP ones....
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 03:07:12 am by IceyJones »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
****ing FileFront won't let me download it... :(

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
thats strange.....here it works perfectly