Author Topic: WIP - Cutscene: SD Lucy arrives at Tombaugh-Station  (Read 113847 times)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Re: WIP - Cutscene: SD Lucy arrives at Tombaugh-Station
The high-poly Lucifer is closer to the cutscene version than the FS1 Lucifer.

And I was talking about the CUTSCENE ARCADIA not having the detail as the last three versions of IceyJones' Arcadia.
So?
It doesn't have to be low poly...
Besides it has normal maps.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Personally, I prefer the 4th Arcadia posted. Looks the best to me.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
The high-poly Lucifer is closer to the cutscene version than the FS1 Lucifer.

And I was talking about the CUTSCENE ARCADIA not having the detail as the last three versions of IceyJones' Arcadia.
So?
It doesn't have to be low poly...
Besides it has normal maps.

That's the thing though, I think IceyJones wants to make the cutscene moderately FS-ish.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
as i dont liked the clean look of the vasuda-movie, i experimented today with scene-motion blur.....i fear that this whole detail discussion became worthless unfortunately, as the scene blur terminates a lot of detail but leads to a more realistic look and a great sence for the speed of the ships in this whole thing....tomorrow i will post some examples....

but thanks a lot for your input here.....

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
okay....just saw, that it is already "tomorrow" ;)

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Definitely looking very, very good. Keep it up.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
slight rework of the interceptor....finished now

:jaw:

Woohoo! That's awesome! Put it up as a wallpaper, won't you? :nod:

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
(Opens up other images with ViewerFrameClass)

They're looking good, you're looking good, the birds are singing, and the sun is (not literally) shining. Keep up the good work. Those are some grand images indeed. ;)
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
when i find some time i make a beautyrendering of the interceptor....

but first of all the nebula, lucy will emerge of.....the volume-cloud i tested was not possible in the scene. the rendertimes exploded, as the scene itself is HUUUUGE! damn capital-ship sizes in FS ;). this leads to real huge shadowmaps generated by the renderer......and these need time for calculating. and it´s getting even worse, when we habe volumetrics in the scene like fire. nebulas, etc....

so i fear my pyrocluster-explosion will also not work and i will have to go back to volumetric lights.....

regarding the nebula:
so i made a polygon-mesh of the nebula and set a nebula/transparency/alpha-texture-mix on it.....i´m pretty happy with the look. i think it´s okay also this way....

EDIT:
does anyone know, how long an interceptor-missile is?!

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 12:15:02 pm by IceyJones »

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
that's it! that's the scene!  :yes:    no add a majestic looking Orion  :nod:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
The nebula looks... weird.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline CKid

looks like a liquid more then gas.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
we have to go the way with the geometric-based nebula, as vol-lights are to bright in the required mass, real clouds kill my rendertimes, so thats the only solution....but i will tweak the colours a bit more....nevertheless this type of nebulas are quite common in space. filaments, no fluffy clouds...like this hubble shot....only with colour :)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
It looks too hard to be a nebula, soften up a little. :)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
when i find some time i make a beautyrendering of the interceptor....

but first of all the nebula, lucy will emerge of.....the volume-cloud i tested was not possible in the scene. the rendertimes exploded, as the scene itself is HUUUUGE! damn capital-ship sizes in FS ;). this leads to real huge shadowmaps generated by the renderer......and these need time for calculating. and it´s getting even worse, when we habe volumetrics in the scene like fire. nebulas, etc....

so i fear my pyrocluster-explosion will also not work and i will have to go back to volumetric lights.....

regarding the nebula:
so i made a polygon-mesh of the nebula and set a nebula/transparency/alpha-texture-mix on it.....i´m pretty happy with the look. i think it´s okay also this way....

EDIT:
does anyone know, how long an interceptor-missile is?!

Hmm, maybe...one-fifth the length of a Herc?

we have to go the way with the geometric-based nebula, as vol-lights are to bright in the required mass, real clouds kill my rendertimes, so thats the only solution....but i will tweak the colours a bit more....nevertheless this type of nebulas are quite common in space. filaments, no fluffy clouds...like this hubble shot....only with colour :)

That looks too much like smoke.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
lol guys.....thats an HUBBLE PICTURE!
as this one is:

« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 01:09:02 am by IceyJones »

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
many thanks to Styxx for the mesh:

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
many thanks to Styxx for the mesh:

AHH! A SHIVAN IN MY ROOM! :shaking:

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
(turns around and runs into a wall)
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
coward  :rolleyes:

in order to safe your little life, i turn around, catch an fire extinguisher and trow it towards this dump something....

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
coward  :rolleyes:

in order to safe your little life, i turn around, catch an fire extinguisher and trow it towards this dump something....

Ooh, that just looks weird. I like the original (and what I meant was that the Shivan render was very nice). :rolleyes:

I'd like to remind you that we would've been killed a long time ago if it was real. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
 :rolleyes: err....that was a joke  :doubt: