Author Topic: Error in SM2-03a  (Read 2317 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Something is wrong with the secondary objective in SM2-03a.  It fails when it shouldn't.  As soon as the Galatea warps out the secondary objective failed messages pops up followed by the primary objective archived.  Last time I tried it the Galatea had 88 hull left.  Looking at the mission in notepad it looks like the goal is based on the hull at player warp out which since the Galatea warps out doesn't exist. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

...followed by the primary objective archived.

Why would they archive their orders?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well I completed the mission so I archived it  :p

No seriously I couldn't remember what the term was so I tried to type achieved. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It looks like this can happen if Krishna is not destroyed at the time the Galatea warps out.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Nope had a clean sweep done well before warp out.  Unless for some reason they didn't arrive.  I'll have to extract it and take a closer look.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
The Galatea can't warp out unless it's hull is below 20 or Krishna and 3 other wings are destroyed so that can't be it.  Looks like it's just a timing issue.  The Galatea is about to leave event happens 3 seconds after the ships are destroyed.  The Galatea departure happens 6 seconds after that event becomes true.    Thats 9 seconds.  The primary objective has a 20 second delay after the ships are destroyed before becoming true.  The secondary objective is based off the primary objective.  The Galatea therefore leaves 11 seconds before the secondary objective can ever become true.

Quick fix:  Replace the secondary objective with the same arguments as the primary objective with a delay less than 9 seconds instead of using is-goal-true.

Better fix: Add event for the secondary objective that fires immediately when the conditions are met.  Use is-event-true-delay for the secondary objective.

Note I haven't quite figured out using FRED for FSport so I haven't tried these.