Author Topic: Timoke. No, delete last Fokker Triplane. No  (Read 8540 times)

Offline Vip

Re: Dangling thread commentary
WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WTF IS GOING ON HERE!!! NAO!

QFT
Lieutenant Commander Richard "Viper" Pred

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
When you go in, you get my last attachment.

Between the three options (Upload Resource, Messages and Resources), only one of them is correct, and as per my previous post, it's not "Upload Resource" because we're downloading something.

The moment you hit the wrong option, YOU_ARE_BUSTED, so don't be a pillock and open every single option in tabs because that won't work!
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Would have been nice for someone to tell us that before we all did it. :p

Edit:  Holy crap...I don't know what else we're looking for, but look what just popped up. :D
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 12:24:40 am by Mongoose »

Offline Topgun

it *might* (I really don't know, goober does) payoff to continue to figure out this thing.

Seems like the Holonet has been opened up again, so give it another try (still, don't cick the wrong thing or you'll be busted again. Trust me, I know :P ). Where can we find this readme?

Offline Vip

Well, lucky you, the GTI's still blocking me...

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Why in the hell are people being mysterious about this readme file? :wtf: Tell us where you found it and post it up so we can maybe help each other to move forward. Keeping it to yourself is annoying and counterproductive, as well as completely counter to the spirit of the game.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Topgun

We are under threat of ban.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Not anymore!

Not yet.  However, within 162 itself, it is no longer prohibited to talk about the readme file. :)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
You're looking for that which was taken. (By Andreas Rybak).
I got it once I saw Darius's post about 'who confiscated it'.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Topgun

Deneb III

Offline Vip

Okey, I don't want to be rude people, but some of us are still locked out of the Holonet, and since you are allowed by Goober to talk about the readme, could somebody explain CLEARLY what's going on with this readme stuff ?

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Well, I'm on Airport WiFi now, so I finally evaded the IP blocking and got it ... too late though :(

Okey, I don't want to be rude people, but some of us are still locked out of the Holonet, and since you are allowed by Goober to talk about the readme, could somebody explain CLEARLY what's going on with this readme stuff ?

Spoiler:
You download a zip file which, using the password discovered in the vasudan message thread, which leads you to another sekret board, in which ST:R was released early.  Guess it doesn't really matter now.  179.  There :doubt:

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Holonet banlist has been reset.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Darius

Not anymore!

Not yet.  However, within 162 itself, it is no longer prohibited to talk about the readme file. :)

Oh thank Christ. It was a royal pain trying to talk about it without giving anything away.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Here is the readme.txt that comes out of the Deneb III file, which in turn can be found in the Holonet under Resources -> Deneb III.

Quote from: readme.txt
CONGRATULATION!  A WINNER IS YOU!

Eh, sorry everyone.  There's nothing here.  This is not a cop-out; there *is* actually supposed to be something here, and it's supposed to be awesome, but it's not finished yet. >.>

We do have something else that we might be able to offer as a consolation prize, though.  All you have to do is solve one more puzzle:

And, incidentally, if anyone lets slip the contents of this file, or this ZIP, or the solution to the puzzle, or how they happened to find it, you can expect a two-week ban from HLP.  Keep it secret, keep it safe, and don't be a spoilsport. :)

Cheerio!

The penultimate paragraph is now nullified as per Goober.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Nuclear1

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I love it!
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I finally figured out that Deneb III was probably the way to go from some of the posts on the last page, but I was still locked out at the time, and the proxies I was trying weren't getting any results, so I thought that maybe I was wrong.  I guess waiting around a bit would have saved me the trouble. :p At least I finally have the thing now, for what it's worth.

I originally figured that the end result of this whole affair would be us getting to play the final campaign some time before it was publicly released.  Goober mentioned in a PM to me a while back that we were close to "the big prize at the end," which really reinforced that idea.  That's why I was really surprised when ST:R was out promptly on Christmas Eve; the thought of the grand prize having so short a time frame, and of all of us who were locked out before we even realized what we should be doing to get it, would really sit sour with me.  I'm glad this isn't the case, though, and that we have at least one more goodie to look forward to when it's completed. :)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
A day before the release of ST:R, Goober said that it was down to the wire for the release of the campaign.

The good thing is that now everyone who knows how to come here is at the same point. The ones who've reached 179 on their own have done it before the rest, while the remainder have caught up because the ones who reached 179 on their own have told them how to do so.

All that really is left is that grand finale, and I'm looking forward to it. :D
My blog

MP-Ryan