Author Topic: Finally! Someone did it! =D  (Read 5355 times)

Offline Culando

Finally! Someone did it! =D
I planned on doing this AGES ago, but i was way too lazy to ever really get started on it. ^^;

It was so awesome playing all the old missions with the new graphics! :)

I just got a couple of questions.

1.) Is there a way to get the voices from the old game in the port? (If this was mentioned somewhere I'm sorry. I haven't been to the FS community in months! ^^; )

2.) Is there a way to get the old CB animations to work?

3.) When are you converting Awakenings!!!! (I think that's the name of it. ^^; )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Without my glasses, I'm blind as a bat. :D
The boy who cried project.

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
1 and 2 are mentioned probably on the website, I don't know though.

3 I've seen a website for the awakenings conversion, but I don't know how it's been going.
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Culando! So it was you who had planned to do this... ;)

Well, GE got it done. And impressively quickly, too... :D
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Culando

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on there. Are you just messin' with me or did you actually remember?

Anyway, maybe I can convert Awakenings myself. I've never been good with backgrounds, but I can at least get the rest of the stuff working. =)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
:D

Yeah, I got this done in about eight months total, from conception to release. Mainly because there weren't any new models to do, and no FREDding. Just patience, really.

Several missions in Awakenings were included on the ST CD. I'm looking forward to see a resurgance of all the classic FS1 campaigns.

Backgrounds: I'm no good at matching nebulae bitmaps either. Just copy them (in notepad) from other missions. :p

CBanims and voices are mentioned briefly on the site. One of these days I will post more conversion information.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Culando
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on there. Are you just messin' with me or did you actually remember?

I kid you not. ;) I was thinking of you when we got the FSPort hosted here. :)

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
I played it and i love it !:yes: yes: great job GE !
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

hey GE did i tell you that i ws converting all the fs1 interfaces to the fs2 port, I will like to give them to you wend i finished so you can add them on the port, that will make the FS! felling a lot better
--- none ---

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
That's okay, but it will be a pain in the rearend doing all the hi-res graphics. Besides, I don't think I'll be doing too much interface modding besides what I have already, thanks.
If you're doing it for AP, by all means, go ahead. :wink:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

AP?  what that means?
--- none ---

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
What project are you working on, silly? :snipe:

Offline HeX

• http://www.warpstorm.com
:lol:
Jeebus boy, you work on my project and don't even recognize the acronym under yer title. :p
Warpstorm
Alot's changed, but alot's still the same. Come on by and talk about anything!

Sorry, I was working hard on a pouyect today and I didn't undestrand it :p
--- none ---

Offline Culando

Originally posted by Setekh

I kid you not. ;) I was thinking of you when we got the FSPort hosted here. :)

Sweeeeet! =D

This calls for a happy dance!

Grr, I have to fix that sprite. Ugly brown shoes! >=(

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Sweeeeet! =D

This calls for a happy dance!

Grr, I have to fix that sprite. Ugly brown shoes! >=(

:lol:

Neat one. ;) Anyway, you planning on sticking with us, Culando? Or you just passing through? :)

Offline Culando

I'm hoping to stick around, I'm started to get addicted to Freespace again. :D

I don't know how much work I'll be able to do on projects though. Between college, my art projects and my comics, I may not get in much time. =/

But, if I can find someone to help me with FREDding my campaign, I might get to work on it. =)

I'm hoping to stick around, I'm started to get addicted to Freespace again. :D

I don't know how much work I'll be able to do on projects though. Between college, my art projects and my comics, I may not get in much time. =/

But, if I can find someone to help me with FREDding my campaign, I might get to work on it. =)

Comics, Cool, can we see some
--- none ---

I'd be willing to give it a go just for the experience. I finally got the SDF-1 to fire the main gun NEAR Khyrons ship without killing it so it can ram them to death for my last macross mission (E17 Khyron's Revenge)... Hehe I had to make a scout ship warp in , designated Unknown, play dead, and make SDF-1 target it to simulate the beam just skimming the cruiser... Cheesy but it works though, especially in the atmosphere.  VICTORY!
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Culando

Originally posted by 15thRampage

Comics, Cool, can we see some

Sure, just go to the link to my page. It's the "WWW" button at the bottom of my post. Click on the "Chaos Quest" button once you get there. It's a Sonic the Hedgehog based sprite comic featuring my characters and the characters of my friends. I've also got a Megaman comic in the works.

And thanks Star Dragon. Maybe tomorrow, I'll get some ideas together so I can start developing missions.