Author Topic: Question regarding Silent Threat Reborn: Forced Hand  (Read 3451 times)

Offline shaxs

Question regarding Silent Threat Reborn: Forced Hand
So, I am a little confused about this mission. First, I target the Repulse's engines and order my wing to disable the target. Not a problem, we disable it. Then it pops up disarm. I target the subsystem weapons and order my wing to disarm target. I completely take the weapons system to 0% and cycle through all the rest of the subsystems. There is no other weapons, laser turret, missile launcher ect. But, the objective never gets completed. How do I get it done?

Also, I cannot target anything but the Repulse using H. So I have fighters shooting at me with no way to target and take care of them and I subsequently end up dieing. Anyone have a suggestion?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Re: Question regarding Silent Threat Reborn: Forced Hand
Are you using 'K' to target turrets? 'S' only targets main subsystems.

And you have to use visual targeting on the Lokis. They're stealth fighters, remember?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline shaxs

Ah thanks! I didnt even know about k..... Im a newb to this game. So thanks so much for the help!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
No problem. It's one of those things that should have been covered in training. Try looking through the Controls options menu--there's tons of targeting controls you've probably never discovered (like Target Target's Attacker.)
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Turret targetting is covered in training, at least in FS2.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Target Ship in Reticle (default 'Y') is a particularly useful one, and its analogue Target Turret in Reticle (default 'V') is handy for taking out a particular beam cannon in a hurry.

Online Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Huh. I never knew about the 'v' command. :nervous:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta