Author Topic: FS1 Media Availability  (Read 9092 times)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
mmh... could you make a batch to extract/move all the stuff where needed (or is there already one? , then sooooooooooorry :p ) ?
SCREW CANON!

Originally posted by WMCoolmon
Making it compatible for both? yeah... :doubt:

I mean using the Fs1 Cd instead of the Fs2, BTW what's the diferens between the FS1 cds and FS1 DVD??
--- none ---

Offline Xers

Originally posted by 15thRampage

I mean using the Fs1 Cd instead of the Fs2, BTW what's the diferens between the FS1 cds and FS1 DVD??

All the data/media is on one disc ;7

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Xers

All the data/media is on one disc ;7

Uhm... yay. :blah:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
And the FS1 DVD code has voice command support and afterburner trails. Well, my copy, anyway.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

I din't see that aufterburer train, can you post a pic, so i can see what they are and see in mine have them plz??
--- none ---

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
i never saw afterburner trails in my regular FS1 cds...
i didn't know you could buy a FS1 DVD... did you guys make it yoursel?

Offline RandomTiger

I heard you buy it. I imagine its quite rare now.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
yeah, probably... still... i'd like to see what it looks like !

well my FS1 DVD came with a DVD drive I douyed log time ago, then I buyerd the Fs1 Battle pack, cuase I only found Silen Tread there , and I didn't see any diferent, I install the DVD in one PC and the regular CD in another and i didn't see any diference
--- none ---

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Originally posted by 15thRampage
Silen Tread

Silent Threat :D

Originally posted by Stealth

Silent Threat :D

I mean Graphics :p, like the Afterburner trails:confused: :confused:
--- none ---

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
yeah, but i was correcting what you said... you said something else, and i presumed you meant "Silent Threat"

ok :p :p :p :p :p :p :D :D thx
--- none ---

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
I've done some editing with notepad to fix some of FS1 owners problems:

music
*reedited all the missions
*:sigh: still bugy; part of the problem is imho is that FS2 treats combat/normal situation differently-or rather which on is when acticve-->so the music can get a bit mixed up.

cutscenes
*reedited the campaign file
*the original comand briefing replacesments are still present in the missions
*it uses cutcsenes.tbl form the FS1 root.vp
*A bug with FS1 CD2 may be present
*UNTESTED*

The URLs:
http://users.freestart.hu/szandtner/musfix.exe
http://users.freestart.hu/szandtner/freespace.fc2
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Forget the cutscene fix for now. :o
Just tested it - and it needs some major retesting and so on...
Sorry; I was just glad I figured out it, and wanted to post ASAP.
Maybe laster, music fix "seems" to work.:doubt:
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline FredLC

Hi there.

I have just read this thread, it seens that the cutscenes are not working properly, right?

... Or did I misunderstood it?

I mean, I have copied the movie files to the proper directory... the intro works, but the cutscene didn't show up when they should... it just showed a still image and the text.

Can you guys give me a more detailed description of what should I do to get them working?

I have described my doubts in more details in this thread.

Thanks for your time ;) .

I extracted everything to the right place, but the personas do not work. How do I make it work?

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
Is there a FS_Port Campaign file that supports the avi versions of the fs1 movies?

I have the fs1 movies, but I want to get them to play on the port version.

THX!
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."