Author Topic: Problems with "Hellfire" mission  (Read 3719 times)

Problems with "Hellfire" mission
hi, i dont know if anyone else is having these problems, but with the hellfire mission, my primary guns and what not dont seem to be doing any damage to enemy ships. ideas??
When I die I'd like to die the way my grandfather died, peacefully in
his sleep...
... not screaming and shouting, like his passengers.
"Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!" Archibald Asparagus,
VeggieTales
"Time, heat and pressure. The same things that make a diamond also
make a waffle." Scott Meyer
"Every morning is the dawn of a new error." unknown

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
Re: Problems with "Hellfire" mission
If the problem is just with Hellfire and other missions work normally, check your loadout to make sure you're using weapons that actually inflict damage; the Flail, Shield Breaker, and Leech cannon are ineffective against enemy hulls, as are certain secondaries like the disruptor missile.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

I actually struggled with this mission for awhile.  One ship always seemed to sneak away.  I took a different approach.  Loaded up an Athena with two full banks of Stiletto missiles.  Primary weapons were Avenger and disruptor cannon.  Took out the engine subsystems and then had the ships destroyed.  I thought it was a crazy plan at the time but it actually worked.

NOTE: I was playing on Medium difficulty.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
In Hellfire, Disruptor missiles and Tsunamis are your friends. Also, keep in mind that the Lilith cruisers have a TON of armor, so it's gonna take a lot more time pounding on them than the Cains would take.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

well actually,  the weapons do "SHOW" they do damage to the hull and shields, but the hull integity of the ships dont go down. missiles are the only weapons that seem to do any damage.
When I die I'd like to die the way my grandfather died, peacefully in
his sleep...
... not screaming and shouting, like his passengers.
"Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!" Archibald Asparagus,
VeggieTales
"Time, heat and pressure. The same things that make a diamond also
make a waffle." Scott Meyer
"Every morning is the dawn of a new error." unknown

Offline Lucika

• Victim of trolling-related humor
  • Modding is l'art pour l'art
    • Syrk: The Unification Wars
What weapons are you using?

(I feel like Lobo  ;7 ;7)