Author Topic: astroid field in mission 2  (Read 4838 times)

astroid field in mission 2
the astroid  field was so empty that you could fly a sathana without hitting anything, can you up the dennsity?

just got the port.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I've tried, but it's just making it look funny. A million tiny little asteroids boucing around, no big ones. Perhaps I could make it an Active field, would that make a difference?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

yes it would , as you need an active field for big astroids as actives are supposeds to go after caps, but still many little onesm are better then field which looks aritificial.

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
active field would be alot better, since you don't have any bigships in the mission it would have no negative effects. Also, why didn't you include any of the voices in the port? I woulda gladly downloaded another 80 megs to hear them talk.
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
NYAAAA. :p Buy Freespace, get the voice and animations, see the cutscenes, support Volition, etc.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
If you want the voices, just open up FS1's VP and extract the files to the appropriate folders in FS2/Data/Voices :nod:
Works great :nod:
-C

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
FS1 only had Active Asteroid fields....so this would probably mirror the effect that existed before.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

well tryed it , did some better things, at least more astroids, I don't care about big or small, the avrage astroid in THIS soler system is smaller then 50 meters.

Have you tried opening the mission in word pad and increasing the number of asteroids to something like 750 or so. FRED2 automatically limits you to something like 256, which does not produce dense asteroid fields. I've yet to do any testing about this so it might not work. Still, worth a try. Also FRED will probably reset the number if you open the asteroid field editor.
'Honour the valiant who fall beneath your sword, but pity the warrior who slays all his foes' - G'trok, in the poem lu geng

'Clarification is not to make oneself clear, it is to put oneself in the clear.' - Sir Humphrey Appleby

Why not visit the Time of Change website?

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

Originally posted by WMCoolmon
If you want the voices, just open up FS1's VP and extract the files to the appropriate folders in FS2/Data/Voices :nod:
Works great :nod:

But don't the missions have to be scripted to play them?
Watching from the background since 17 April 2002.

Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
NYAAAA. :p Buy Freespace, get the voice and animations, see the cutscenes, support Volition, etc.

Yeah right, Out of $10.00  how much do you think Volition gets?
It has to go through the local store, Interscrew gets their piece of the pie and then finally makes its way to Volition. By that time theres not enough to buy a stick of gum.
Watching from the background since 17 April 2002.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Originally posted by killadonuts

But don't the missions have to be scripted to play them?

They already are! If it doesn't find the WAV it asks for, it doesn't play anything.