Author Topic: Defending the Galetea  (Read 2686 times)

Defending the Galetea
Is this actually possible? ok so i'm playing on insane but even so i've counted 65 ships against 6!!!! (5 of which are piloted by arseholes) :eek:

Any tips?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
You mean in Doomsday? It really depends on how well you did in the previous mission, Evangelist. If you picked a Medusa, well you won't be able to help the Galatea much. However, if you gave your wingmen bombers and took a fighter yourself, it would have taken longer to destroy the Eva, so more of your wingmen would have died. And you're on Insane difficulty, so :ha:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

No it's in Tenderizer, i'm absolutley getting my ass kicked!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Ah, you mean with the HoL. I usually give Alpha Hercs with quad Avengers and dual Disruptors, Phoenix Vs and Interceptors. Use the Phoenix Vs and all gun barrels to take out the engines on the Mauler, shoot down bombs and go after bombers first, with the B key. Other than that, well, order your wingmen and read the recommendations.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Got it :D i went 10K out from the node and ordered a re-arm then told my wingmen to protect the supply ship, i went back and activated the cannons at distance allowing the fighers to jump in and out again then took out the stragglers. Order the wingmen back in, take out the cannons and when the Galatea jumps in you have a full complement of full strength fully loaded wingmen to defend it with :D

And i love the Athena bomber! i never thought a bomber would be a ship of choice but christ almighty it does 165 on the booster and the burn lasts forever :D i wonder why al the FS2 bombers were so slow by comparison?

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
It's not supposed to get 165 on the A/B's. It's supposed to get 120. Someone must have copied and pasted the A/B stats from the Valkyrie but forgot to edit them afterwards. ;7
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Originally posted by Mad Bomber
It's not supposed to get 165 on the A/B's. It's supposed to get 120. Someone must have copied and pasted the A/B stats from the Valkyrie but forgot to edit them afterwards. ;7

:doh: That's what I get for using someone else's tables...
Will be fixed, sadly. Just be glad it has the right armor-- it used to have the Valkyrie's, too. :o Major problems--no Tsunami, no Prometheus, no Banshee.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
And no Hornet. :(
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"