Author Topic: Crash during "Chasing Shadows" mission  (Read 2699 times)

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Crash during "Chasing Shadows" mission
The mission crashes exactly when the Vasudan transports arrive.
The debug file is attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Crash during "Chasing Shadows" mission
This is a bug in a model in the mediavps, but in release builds it should be handled gracefully.  Can you play past that point in a release build?

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
This is a bug in a model in the mediavps, but in release builds it should be handled gracefully.  Can you play past that point in a release build?
Of course, thanks!
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You're welcome. :)

Normally you should play campaigns in release builds only.  Debug builds are for development of campaigns, or for testing in the event you find a problem in the release builds.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
You're welcome. :)

Normally you should play campaigns in release builds only.  Debug builds are for development of campaigns, or for testing in the event you find a problem in the release builds.
Understood.
It seems I forgot about a lot of things about this stuff since I finished High School 5 years ago.   :nervous:

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I'm surprised you've been able to play that far with Debugging enabled. It speaks to the quality of the assets and the missions that they're squeaky clean.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...