Author Topic: What's That Fuzzy Green Blob?  (Read 2379 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
What's That Fuzzy Green Blob?
So I finished playing the latest Port, which I haven't done in years, and in the last mission, that is, the one following the destruction of the Lucifer when you arrive in Sol, and I detected a non-target-able friendly object.  When I went to investigate this object, I found that it was somewhere within the hull of the Arcadia.  What is it and what is it's purpose?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Re: What's That Fuzzy Green Blob?
It's a stealth Loki named 'Instructor' which must be present in retail missions if you want to send 'Training' style messages such as the credits you see there.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
What would have happened if you'd done a ship-vanish just after the mission began?  Does it have to be there for as long as the training messages are playing?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Dunno, never tried it. AFAIK the Instructor must be present for training messages to appear.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Does it have to be there for as long as the training messages are playing?
For as long as you send them, yes.