Author Topic: [WIP] SCv Moloch  (Read 30859 times)

Offline Kolgena

earthworm vehicular aspirin.

Actually, probably from evangelion.

I'm looking forward to see what you do with the front. I'm confident you have the skills to make it very awesome.

The red eye was kind of dumb, since it draws your attention towards this focal point in the design but it's just a worthless blob turret and all the beams are in unremarkable spots of hull. I kind of like the look, but it doesn't pan out in the end. Also the current HTL has the exact same amount of detail on the 'prow' area as both this and the retail model, so I have no idea where that's coming from.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
That's it.... I'm modelling sails.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Evangelion, I suppose. A kind of mecha, well, sort of. :)

Anyway, I like the way it's going. It's much more true to retail, though it did strike me as odd at first because of that. :) I guess everyone is so used to the Mediavps Moloch that they can't imagine it any other way. Well, the truth is, it was quite a departure, but it's also one of the oldest HTLs, and as such, we've got used to the new look. I think I'd rather see a comeback of the retail design, though I probably wouldn't mind if you decided to use the MVP version instead (grandfather clause and all that).

Offline Hellzed

Yes, an EVA from Evangelion ! This Moloch looks like it could be right from the anime !

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
180 turn along the Z-axis. All hail the Dragon Crown! :yes:

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Yes, an EVA from Evangelion ! This Moloch looks like it could be right from the anime !
Taking another look at it, it does look kind of like an Angel.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
That's it.... I'm modelling sails.

HTL Volition Bravos!
Finally!

err...Shivan Bravos?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
p3d is updated. Changes:

1) Rear lower greebling is changed completely.
2) Started work on the top of the rear.
3) Junction between the forward spikes and main body are more natural.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
I like what you did with the spikes - very Cthonian!

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
SIDE ORTHO TEASE BEEEEEEM!!!!

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
luvly
if you are into punks that is
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Luis Dias

Yes well the Moloch was always the punk ship and to that effect I think Rga nailed it absolutely :yes:

looks like a reaper and ctuhulu had a baby  ;)

Totally beautiful  :yes:
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
So what's the punk reference?

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Look at the "head" closely. The ridge kind of looks like a punk hairstyle. :)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
That is so freaking boss.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
@Dragon: I believe you are referring to the hairdo called a "Mohawk", named after a Native American tribe which presumably did their hair like that.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
The Greebles are too thick.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         :p :yes: