Author Topic: FS1 Port 1.5 crashing on the mission after "The Aftermath" (FS1A2M01.fs2)  (Read 2976 times)

FS1 Port 1.5 crashing on the mission after "The Aftermath" (FS1A2M01.fs2)
:sigh: Just after playing "The Aftermath" (FS1A2M01.fs2) FS2 crashed. Everytime I try to get to the mission briefing the game crash. :wtf:

You might want to double check this mission in the next update ! :rolleyes: (oh well, nobody's perfect ! :p )

I think I'm gonna try to replace the mission so I can continue to play the port...

Any suggestion or comment ?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2002, 08:20:15 pm by 889 »

FS1 1.5 Port crashing on the mission after "The Aftermath" (FS1A2M01.fs1)
I tried to replace the problematic mission (FS1A2M02.fs2) with the next one (FS1A2M03.fs2), since I'm not sure how FS2 link the mission I figured it was best thing to try at worst I whould have to play the mission twice.

Well now I have a new problem ! I can't complete the mission ! Well I did finish the mission successfully and had the nice "you did fine" speech, I was also told I got a nice medal (be I don't see any medal) and when I click the arrow to go to the next mission, it says the mission was a failure and that I have to retry ! :wtf:

I retried the mission a couple of times (at very easy and medium) and completed both objective (checked with F4). Still I'm stuck. Now, I'm wondering if it's because of my mission switching or because this is a other mission to add to the 1.6 check list ! :doubt:

BTW, the port interceptor missiles seems very different than the FS1 ones (the Port's ones are more accurates and do less damage)

As always any comments or suggestions is welcome :D

Note: I still think this port is quite nice and being a programmer I understand how bug finding and testing can be long, hard and frustating !

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Well, that's what you get for trying to beat the system...

I can't seem to remember anything being wrong there before. How does it crash? Do you hit "accept" and it boots you to windows? Do you have any other mods installed?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

When I click on the doors to the briefing room to go to the FS1A2M02.fs2 mission, I'm returned to Windows and FS2 simply seem shutdown.

As for the failed mission I suspect my pilot was corrupt. :mad:  I was able to duplicate the problem in a normal FS2 mission ! :eek2:

I have a few missions in the mission folder but that's all no weird mod or anything like that...

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Well, there's nothing a good old fashioned reinstall wouldn't fix.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

I can now confirm that my pilot was indeed corrupt (and it's not the first time it has happened to me). :mad2:

Oh well at least I can finish the port now. :)

It was the first time in FS2 and it happend once in FS1.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I get a crash when loading the first mission in the second act, I believe. I played the mission where, in the debriefing, it says to go take a break for a few days or something, so I took a break. Then when I tried to continue, CRASH.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
i'll check it out Sandwich

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Stealth
i'll check it out Sandwich

Thanks... if you ned to know specifically what mission, lemme know.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Originally posted by Sandwich

Thanks... if you ned to know specifically what mission, lemme know.

lol, now that i get home, knowing what mission you're talking about definately sounds good :D lol

so what mission was it?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Hehehe - the exact same problem, the mission right after "The Aftermath". I try to play it, and crash.

You seem to have the same problem that I had... :eek2:

Corrupt pilot too ?! :wtf: