Author Topic: Designs for a MCO logo  (Read 2367 times)

Designs for a MCO logo
Title says it all really.  I really dont know if the rest of the MCO team have even discussed this, however it probably wont rank high on the to-do list either way so i'm doing a shout out to our fanbase to release their inner artist or propose ideas that will aid in the creation of a logo. I'd like people to submit designs for a possible MCO logo and/or a possible a catchphrase that really captures the essance of the game or just looks downright cool.

A very quick example ive been using for a temp background to help keep me motivated while I work on a MCO wallpaper in between my mechlab images.

This is my small contribution to get the ball rolling for ideas and inspiration. Sorry I havent had time to provide something better yet.
Ideas can either be images or a description if you dont feel confident with your art skills.

Unless one of the other members step in to add anything, I wont set any guidelines or limitations for this. I'm very keen to see what your imaginations can bring to the table so we can feed off each others' collective ideas until we arrive at a design that appeals to the majority.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: Designs for a MCO logo
This is a pretty cool idea, methinks. For the lulz, I whipped this up.

To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Both are very good, though I tend to like cobra's a bit more (but maybe that is because it's bigger and brighter  :p ) Still, I also love mine which I created at the start and has been replaced by now (no offend against my team. Changes mean results, and results are good :) )

MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Cobra's version, by virtue of it being very close to the official MechWarrior logo, wins. As far as I am concerned, anyway.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
A slightly different version. I think I like this one more.

To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Karl

Is this a standard font Cobra? one thing that has bugged me about previous attempts to redo the logo is that the ingame fonts dont match up (I think starmans one is the only one I know about with a free to use font that is accessible), but I guess the larger problem here is getting someone who would spend the time to update the UI graphics with a new font and a new style to fit the font and MCO as a whole

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Is this a standard font Cobra? one thing that has bugged me about previous attempts to redo the logo is that the ingame fonts dont match up (I think starmans one is the only one I know about with a free to use font that is accessible), but I guess the larger problem here is getting someone who would spend the time to update the UI graphics with a new font and a new style to fit the font and MCO as a whole

It's the old-style BattleTech font. I found it on sarna.net.

Nice to see a few ideas. The old battletech font is a really good idea Cobra. Aside from maybe the C and O looking almost the same it might be a good direction to take the font in. I know i've seen yours somewhere before Starman but cant for the life of me remember where for the moment. Both have got a nice brightness to them that I really dont have it in me to produce. With me having a really quiet and reserved nature in reality bright colour and flair are things that almost all my creativity would sorely lack. Only concern is perhaps both are too lengthy in terms of a logo size but I really cant see much way around that.

Having thought this through a little more I doubt an image as successful as the MC2 is possible with 'Omnitech' being about as broad a title as it can gets. Personally it would've been nice if we could steer away from something as cliche as a simple mech silhouette but maybe there isnt much choice. Not sure about the Hard light logo being used in it either as I dont think MCO was originally conceived on this forum.

Would be nice if we could draw in a few more people to this to brainstorm or refine current ideas. Keep up the good work guys.