Author Topic: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging  (Read 98453 times)

Offline redmagejoe

• Rage Mage of Ill Fated Gaming
    • Steam
Re: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging
Tentative schedule for tomorrow. I've been busy frontloading as much work as possible all day, and will bust my ass tomorrow morning to finish it up so I can make this time. If it's a little later than scheduled, please be patient.

Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Available for Voice Acting work!
Email me: [email protected]
Steam me: redmagejoe

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Arghz  I'll try to dip in.   Overlaps with kids feeding, bathing and bed.  I love me some snes though.   Would hit up multiplayer too if free time to participate was a thing.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
We call that realistic radio comms sound.

I would record the voice audio with a good normal mic then edit it with Adobe Audition.

I am planning to make a VA for AFR with only one actor... me 😆 which I will do with different accents though not really accurate. Let's just say that's the way people speak in 2370. Then I will edit the sound clips to make them sound like different persons

...but this is only for my own use because it will be embarrassing. I  am just having trouble reading, my eyes are no longer good.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 08:44:18 am by herkie423 »

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Tentative schedule for tomorrow. I've been busy frontloading as much work as possible all day, and will bust my ass tomorrow morning to finish it up so I can make this time. If it's a little later than scheduled, please be patient.

The first time I played SNES, it blew my mind! Well, there was only Nintendo Family Computer before that. But at that time, the graphics were amazing, the backgrounds in side-scrolling games were no longer static. I said wow! However.... much later, I saw Playstation (not yet the PSone)... same astonished reaction.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Hello FreeSpace fans!...

Your thoughts? Suggestions on a different format? Personally, I like to finish what I started when it comes to games, so while I had thought of and anticipate suggestions of doing rotating games on stream (Week 1, FF7, Week 2, FreeSpace, etc), I'm a bit averse to this format as it can be easy to lose track of what progress I've made on each game, and also potentially make it hard for the audience to follow.

My suggestion... stream the full mod uninterrupted but not like one single video stream. Then play non-FS game in between like Halo alternately. In this way, people who haven't seen the mod will not lose track of the story and the momentum towards the story climax will not be interrupted.

It was remarkable that you stream the many FS mods in a marathon. However, there's a downside. You will tend to absorb the canons of these mods into one "library." This will tend to confuse you as some of these mods have different canons and these mods sometimes conflict with each other. The only canon I follow is the story of FS1 and FS2.

So, by playing it alternately, you can dump or release the information of one mod then have a reset for the next FS mod (if you know what I mean).

By the way, do you stream modern triple A games like COD WZ or Matrix Awakenings?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 10:54:36 pm by herkie423 »

Offline CT27

The only canon I follow is the story of FS1 and FS2.

Actually, within the universe of AFR/TBG, there are a couple other campaigns that are canon (the list goes like this):

FS1
Silent Threat Reborn
Shrouding The Light: Origins
Shrouding The Light
FS2
AFR
TBG

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Megaman x, x2, x3, and super contra are worth it.

Would you ever play Nexus: the Jupiter incident?   Gawd I loved that one

Gradius II, Dekker. That game is a bad ass, Argh-Grrr-throw-your-controller kind of game. But it was awesome. 🤣😂😆
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 11:11:42 pm by herkie423 »

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
The only canon I follow is the story of FS1 and FS2.

Actually, within the universe of AFR/TBG, there are a couple other campaigns that are canon (the list goes like this):

FS1
Silent Threat Reborn
Shrouding The Light: Origins
Shrouding The Light
FS2
AFR
TBG

Well, I consider STR, STL Origins, and STL as part/included in the FS1 universe.

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
I don't do modern "triple A" games and my opinions regarding these more modern games is less than favorable. Finding a good modern game is finding a diamond in the rough, sadly, which is why I primarily do retro content. That includes, of course, FreeSpace.
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
We call that realistic radio comms sound.

I would record the voice audio with a good normal mic then edit it with Adobe Audition.

I am planning to make a VA for AFR with only one actor... me 😆 which I will do with different accents though not really accurate. Let's just say that's the way people speak in 2370. Then I will edit the sound clips to make them sound like different persons

...but this is only for own use because it will be embarrassing. I  am just having trouble reading, my eyes are no longer good.

I'll throw my hat in the ring for that.  After I finish my other projects lol
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
I don't do modern "triple A" games and my opinions regarding these more modern games is less than favorable. Finding a good modern game is finding a diamond in the rough, sadly, which is why I primarily do retro content. That includes, of course, FreeSpace.

Yeah, I agree. They don't make it like they use to. Plus these modern games are short and somewhat easy. You can finish them in one day, even the modern Tomb Raider games. The old PSone Tomb Raiders takes months to beat, now THAT is a game. However, the graphics are fantastic, realistic. Being a guy who have seen games since the 80s, my mind were constantly blown with new games/console popping up... Generally, I play modern games just for the looks.

Speaking of AAA games, I do like God of War and The Witcher 3... my computer, unfortunately, is screaming in pain (FPS 21)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 05:22:52 am by herkie423 »

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Ah, Red. I know you do have a perspective on FS2 lore. I posted something in my AFR thread. I would like to know what you think... and don't be polite, he he he. 🤣😂😆

https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=98445.msg1915637#msg1915637

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.

I find this concept of game as singular piece "being good" is ... strange and non-functional.

It's like dismissing the beauty of a single snowflake because of the uniform whitness of a snowfield.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 03:38:40 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Barotrauma is a good game for a group.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Hoping this hurricane doesn't impact Sunday stream plans!

EDIT: I've come out the other side even stronger than before.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 06:58:15 pm by redmagejoe »
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Glad to hear you're doing okay  :yes:

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
The month of spooky begins!

Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Hi Joe,

I got back into playing FreeSpace this year after many, many years, so I've enjoyed and had a lot of fun watching your FreeSpace stream. I haven't always been there to watch it live, but I usually catch up later.

At the very end of your Amnesia stream today, I asked if you liked to play Thief and said there were some spooky fan missions.

Here are my recommendations for Spooktober:

• A Night In Rocksbourg 3: Ink & Dust - It's horror and bizarre. (Note: Download page has it just as "Ink and dust". By DrK.)
  • Rose Cottage - It's spooky with a haunted house feel. (By Saturnine.)
  • Deceptive Perception 2: Phantasmagoria - It's spooky and comical at times. (By William the Taffer & Yandros.)

These can be downloaded from https://www.taffersparadise.co.uk/thief2missions.html.

To patch Thief 2, use T2Fix found at https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149669.

To have correct gamma/brightness for streaming, make sure "d3d_disp_sw_cc" in enabled/uncommented in your Thief cam_ext.cfg config file.

If you decide to play these, feel free to reach out to me with any questions you might have.

Looking forward to more Amnesia next week!

Cheers

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Thanks for the support Daft Mugi! Glad to have another awesome fan, and so happy to have another FreeSpace enthusiast! These HLP guys sure know how to keep the spark of fandom alive.

I don't have Thief 2, but I can look into it if people think the content would be sufficiently spooky. I'm also looking into the best way to get my hands on F.E.A.R. again, but it only comes in a bundle with all the games from both the original developers and the publishers (at least I think that's the two involved parties). My understanding is that Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate are the "proper" sequels. It's only $8.50 for 6 games until October 6th, so it may be worth getting. I'm suspicious of how viable the "Ultimate Shooter Edition" on G2A is given it seems to be a package no longer supported on Steam.

After some spoiler-free peeking at remaining "Acts" and "areas/sections" by room name in a Walkthrough table of contents, it seems that I may be roughly 1/3 of the way through Amnesia already, so I probably have 2 more streams worth of it. I want to be sure I have something to follow-up with though, so I'd like people to try to agree on what they think would be a good follow-up to Amnesia. I know it's a hard act to follow, being my gold standard for good horror, but I believe in you guys!
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Have you looked for these games on GOG? They have F.E.A.R. I'm not sure how different that may be from what you're already looking at, though.

Thief Gold and Thief 2 are currently on sale at GOG for $0.97 each. The fan missions for both are amazing. When I first played Amnesia, I felt that Thief must have influenced its design.

By the way, does your copy of Amnesia come with the expansion "Justine"? That's quite good. And... it uhhh... sorry Joe, but I think it may have a scarier water sequence than the one you completed today - the one that made you quit before. :eek: So, maybe more Amnesia?