Author Topic: HTL Lucifer RELEASE  (Read 49907 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
BASTARDS! :p

just kidding. i'll see if they work.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Edit: Until I say that I've uploaded files, all fixes will be on my local copy only. So don't go clogging up the server by downloading the files whenever I say "fixed!" :p
-C

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
aaanyway, when i use a TBM to add the claw turrets to the lucifer, i get an error about textures not being specified in mv_texture's tbm file.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline starfox

I'm also trying to use TBM to add those claw turrets. I thought it was mv_models-shp.tbm: So I did it like this, but no turrets were added:
$Name:      SD Lucifer
$Subsystem: turret18,0.5,0.5
    $Default PBanks: ( "LucyBbtCannon " )
$Subsystem: turret19,0.5,0.5
    $Default PBanks: ( "LucyBbtCannon " )

So, any help here would be hot....
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
#Ship Classes
$Name: SD Lucifer
+nocreate
$Subsystem: turret18,0.5,0.5
    $Default PBanks: ( "LucyBbtCannon" )
$Subsystem: turret19,0.5,0.5
    $Default PBanks: ( "LucyBbtCannon" )
#End

:)

Offline starfox

Thanks Cobra, works fine now...
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Ooooooooh. Awesome.

*orgasms*

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Crikey.
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
Galemp, i think the altered glowmaps are a bit too strong. if you could make them more subtle that would be jawsome.
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Since I'm a total n00b here ^^ I have a question. If I download the 2048x2048 version, can I use it in FS2_open without risk?

And if yes, how do I make it work aka where do I have to copy which file to?

Regards

Offline Kie99

Yes, you can use it without risk.  The .dds files go in Freespace2\data\maps, and the capital02.pof file goes in Freespace2\data\models.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline camcanr

• Got Blarrg?
I havent checked the fourums in so long anyway, that Lucifer looks Sooooooo goooood. If you made a hi poly Sathanas you should be crownd "Best Hi Poly Ship Maker".  ;7
If this doesen't work, we'll all be talking Shivan.

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Hate to bump a thread this old, but the downloads appear to be dead and I can't find the file elsewhere.
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Hmm, me wants it, too! :D

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Latest versions of everything I've done pre-Zeus/Loki age can be found here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,41374.msg917697.html#msg917697

I'll update the first post of this thread - which I assumed was long dead and buried, and so hadn't before. :p

The lucifer was in the 3.6.8 media VPs though wasn't it?
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Latest versions of everything I've done pre-Zeus/Loki age can be found here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,41374.msg917697.html#msg917697

I'll update the first post of this thread - which I assumed was long dead and buried, and so hadn't before. :p

The lucifer was in the 3.6.8 media VPs though wasn't it?

Thanks!

And I have the MediaVps.. doesn't look like it, no.

Edit - I get a "Forbidden" error when trying to download Lucy.
Edit again - It works now?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 01:38:18 am by Alikchi »
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I have a problem with the HTL lucy. Every times its in game it looks fugly The Texture is very wrong and it almost looks worse than the oringal.IT also kind of looks deformed.....
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 08:54:26 pm by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
I'll need more than that to go on - screenshot preferably. I also need to know whether or not you're using the one in the 3.6.8 zeta media VPs or just downloaded the one I linked to in the post above, and if you did downloaded it separately, how you installed it.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I have a problem with the HTL lucy. Every times its in game it looks fugly The Texture is very wrong and it almost looks worse than the oringal.IT also kind of looks deformed.....

It looks better up close, trust me.

I like it though, it looks like uses some form of anisotropic filtering, because it looks different from afar, then it sharpens to its fullest.

Or something like that.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I'll need more than that to go on - screenshot preferably. I also need to know whether or not you're using the one in the 3.6.8 zeta media VPs or just downloaded the one I linked to in the post above, and if you did downloaded it separately, how you installed it.

I don't know how to screen shot it.I got it from the 3.6.9 i think.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL