Author Topic: Christmas 2010 Model Re-release (image heavy)  (Read 107251 times)

Re: Christmas 2010 Model Re-release (image heavy)
That's already the case with the Galaxy, though copilot's body might not be visible from the front seat (still, you'd seem to have no copilot, while in external view, he's there).
Also, yet another bug found.
Demon has the same issue as Hound.

Ya, at least there it's not as disturbing...

Anyways fixed the Demon, actually it had the opposite problem of the Hound. The table was correct but there was a spare empty gun platform.  Not sure where it came from, the max model doesn't have it.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Hwacha has been added to the list.

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I've just noticed that Ajax and Hunter have a set of red pipes on top of their hulls, which seems like it was intended to be a VLS launcher, but it isn't a turret. Could you change these structures into turrets?

They were meant to be one-shot torpedo launches (Saga's Sheffield has it too) but for game balance they were just for show.

What would work best for them? A missile bank or a turret?  (if it's a missile bank then it's easy to add them in)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
A turret, give it 360 degrees FOV and don't add "fire down normals" flag in tables.
You'll also need a special VLS torpedo, you can see how they can be done in Blue Planet or Esarai's Phoenix Rising frigate.
I assure you that the effect is absolutely awesome.

Well turret does complicate things more than a missile bank

VLS torpedo?  Also are BP's torpedos as deadly as WCs?

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Nope, they're firing in swarms and are much closer to FS balance, but you could make your VLS torpedo either fire one at a time, or have lower overall damage.
Guidance system is the most important thing about them, so you can change damage values, speed, turn time and other values unrelated to guidance as you like.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
270 degree FoV, not 360.
360 has some issues with the missile trying to fly through the ship's own hull or something like that.
Unless you make the missile not able to turn fast enough to do that, then you get some funny circling sometimes.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Right, 270, 360 requires rather specialized ship design.
Also, I just found that Gilgamesh is a mess, turret firing points are off and there's something weird with LOD1.

Right, 270, 360 requires rather specialized ship design.
Also, I just found that Gilgamesh is a mess, turret firing points are off and there's something weird with LOD1.

Fixed, somehow the pre-fixed turrets (ones where the "firepoints" helper is incorrectly aligned) snuck into the model (the lasers and stormsfires, the rest were ok).  I'm sure this won't be the last time we hear from them.

The intakes on lod1 weren't xform reset so they were misaligned to.

Also fixed the table, one of the lasers was marked as tachyon.

Sorry not yet, those will also need a minor update too (external cockpits, intakes, thrusters...etc)

Awesome fighters, bombers and spaceships of the line.
Great job.

Scooby doo, I hope you plan to integrate them with Wing Commander SAGA after it is released, of course.
They are just too good to remain without a proper home.

I actually read the first post. Seems you have done that already. I have to thank you for 'em. With the models you have provided and the dedication of some of the mission and campaign designers out there, there's a lot of stories waiting to be played.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 03:52:23 pm by GT-Keravnos »
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Added the Javalin to the list.
Edit: Fixed and reuploaded  :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 04:15:58 am by Scooby_Doo »

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The nameplate on the starboard (hope I got that right) side of the Essex is mirrored.

The nameplate on the starboard (hope I got that right) side of the Essex is mirrored.
Fixed

The Hermes the Hermes!!! Hoo hooo!!  :D

Oh, it seem some of them aren't fully textured. There are many parts of the textures missing.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 04:16:34 pm by Alex Navarro »
Working on the Freespace 2 spanish translation. In case you want to play the game in castillian, click here. You'll need some spanish there, though, sorry :p

If you want your mod/campaign translated to spanish, please PM me or send me an e-mail message.

I could translate from spanish to english too, if you want, but it wouldn't be perfect, not at all. For spanish->english translations comes better an english native with spanish knowledge.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Did you get the required files in the first post?

Did you get the required files in the first post?

I didn't. I'm sorry :p  :banghead:
Working on the Freespace 2 spanish translation. In case you want to play the game in castillian, click here. You'll need some spanish there, though, sorry :p

If you want your mod/campaign translated to spanish, please PM me or send me an e-mail message.

I could translate from spanish to english too, if you want, but it wouldn't be perfect, not at all. For spanish->english translations comes better an english native with spanish knowledge.

Hey, Scooby_Doo, can you add a Kilrathi carrier to the download list?    :)

-dcwarlord

hey scoob, WE WANT MORE!!! these are awesome:D