Friends and Foes: Retribution
2.0 Re-release by Jake Berman (qweqwe321)
Mod download: https://fsnebula.org/mod/FriendsandFoes
All you wanted was a new life somewhere in the wild and unregulated areas outside of UEF control. As a member of the Flying Pumpkins, you hoped to leave your inglorious past behind. But how long can you stay neutral when civil war knocks at your front door?
This story is about those people that get caught in between when empires collide and great armies fight their wars. This is about the survival of those you love and need the most. About those who sweat and bleed next to you when the going gets tough.
Follow the path of Andrew "Vega" Polly, trying to survive in a system that is slowly fading into chaos. With only a few people at his side, he's trying to persevere in the war zone when the GTVA enters Sol and starts its attack on the UEF. Meet new friends, make peace with your past, fight the rising threat of a new and powerful militant organization and grasp the opportunity to get things right, finally.
The story of this campaign is loosely based on Blue Planet, though I tried to be as correct as I could be with the dates and background stories. It takes place within the 18 months before the GTVA captures Jupiter, shortly after the GTVA arrived in Sol.
The campaign consists of 13 missions, I recommend playing on medium for a challenge (I usually play at medium and think it's quiet challenging, though I just might suck in a cockpit
). Estimated playing time is about 4 to 5 hours.
So have fun and thanks for reading, give me a feedback if you like, I'm thinking about a sequel right now
- Cleanup of the dialogue for grammar and syntax.
Jake Berman updates
1.1.3 -> 2.0.0
- Updated it to current FSO, MVP and Blue Planet Complete releases, including a lot of model fixes and cleanup to the table files. The next update (2.1) will have dialogue cleanup as well.
1.1.2 -> 1.1.3
• Resolved all debug errors under current MVP & BPC releases.
1.1.1 -> 1.1.2
• Fixed ship classes bugs in "Treasure Hunt II", "Evidence", "Eye for an eye" & "Casualties of War".
1.1.0 -> 1.1.1
• Fixed the Akebono ship classes in "Two thirty eight", "Sunrise" & "The price of victory".
• Fixed an Event in "Sunrise".
The Blue Planet Team