Author Topic: Silent Threat: Reborn  (Read 27721 times)

Offline Grey Wolf

DoP was very good. It was converted to FS2 by me, but it still needs the weaponry fixed.....
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by demon442

Whats so expencive about a giant steel brick with a couple of nukes?

Uhm, perhaps the fact that it is a space-worthy giant steel brick with nukes? :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

I'd say lower the Hades hull hitpoints to 200000 (it 800000 in ST, and I think in FS2 its only 400000). This make it only twice as strong as an Orion (or indeed the installation).

If this is still too hard, maybe make a special Harb bomb which does 1.5X the damage of the normal one.

This is what I suggest.
'Honour the valiant who fall beneath your sword, but pity the warrior who slays all his foes' - G'trok, in the poem lu geng

'Clarification is not to make oneself clear, it is to put oneself in the clear.' - Sir Humphrey Appleby

Why not visit the Time of Change website?

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

Offline Raptor

I do agree with people, the final mission was rather, poor in certain areas.  Flying a bomber is about the only way to do it i think (thats what I did;) )

I have almost finished porting it into FS2, where the Hades is MUCH nastier! (Tough with many lower powered beams!!!!), but I have not quite finished balancing it.

The key reinforcement comes in the form of a destroyer with 6 squadrons (2 of Ulyssuses, 2 of Valkryies and of 2 Medusas), wihch jumps in at close range behind the Hades to ensure that its salvo turrets are in range;7 .

The Hades does have a HUGE number of craft (my guess is that the HANGERBAY runs down the core of the ship, while the FIGHTER LAUNCHBAY is the section in the prow)

Oh, and the intial force against the station consisted of of 2 wings of hercs, 1 wing of medusas, 1 wing of Lokis, and a Leviathan:D

Although your wingmen, even with higher grade AI, still get wipped.......

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Pegasus V
have the Hades leave and make a couple of follow up missions. I would like to see the Hades get to Deneb where it meets its destruction (it would explain why it is crashed on that planet in Deneb in the FS2 intro cutscene).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had wondered about that........
« Last Edit: November 27, 2002, 04:13:10 am by 914 »
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Never |)|-|34R, Silent Threat: Reborn, is almost here!

:blah:
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Solatar

Ahhh.... The Hades, my namesake:nod:

Give it Lucifer beams. Then make the player watch as the GTD Soyakaze is wiped out. While it is dying, the GTD Myrmidon jumps in and launches a buttload of fighters and bombers, and backs-up like six Leviathan class cruisers.

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Solatar

What's the matter with the link to the Sathanas rift? I copy-paste it and it won't work. A little off topic.......

Nice beam.

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
The link was pointing to the wrong file.  Try now.
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Solatar

Works now, thanks. I'll try it out tonight.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Originally posted by Knight Templar
Never |)|-|34R, Silent Threat: Reborn, is almost here!

:blah:

heh...

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Blasphemer!!

Non beleiver!! Stone him!!

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Nuclear1

I swear man... how old is this thread?

*brings out giant T-C beam*
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Bri_Dog

Did you do anything to the mission 'Hellfire'? That was my favorite in ST.
Sig

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Thats the one with the four crusiers and your wingmen die in like 2 minutes and there 12 shivan fighters right? :)

Nope we haven't done anything to it.. yet. :drevil:

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Bri_Dog

Thats the one with the four crusiers and your wingmen die in like 2 minutes and there 12 shivan fighters right? :)

Nope we haven't done anything to it.. yet. :drevil:

That's the one. I just love how they scream INCOMING!! after you jump out.  

Change the cruisers to destroyers!! :D
Sig

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
uh.. we'll see how it works out.. :)

It was quite a challenging mission though.

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Actually, thanks for bumping this up. 'Twill be useful. Can I ask an admin to move this to the Port forum? Thanks.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Bri_Dog

uh.. we'll see how it works out.. :)

It was quite a challenging mission though.

I didn't find it to be that hard, it was insanely fun. I consider it to be the best mission in ST.

I don't know how much my input matters but I think it'd be cool if another wave of cruisers or a destroyer is sent in after the Hellfire group is destroyed.
Sig

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
Actually, thanks for bumping this up. 'Twill be useful. Can I ask an admin to move this to the Port forum? Thanks.

Gosh, sorry I missed dis.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill