Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 848624 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Um... Gateways?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Ancients mod.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Oh. Cool. So that's where all the new Ancient ships are going to. Has it started or is it still stuck on the drawing board?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Can't start that one until after the main campaign is complete.

So we won't be seeing it for a long, long time.... :blah:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It would be a lot faster than the main INF since all that needs to be done is making the missions and the negligible table cutting and pasting.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
There's an icon of the Kurruk,right?Basically it WAS a modified Sobek...

So we won't be seeing it for a long, long time.... :blah:

12-24 months+12-24 months=from 2 to 4 years! :lol:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
:lol:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
:wtf:

The Lucifer sure isn't having a good day...

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
The Titan fire BFBlues?

Snail:remember how many hitpoints does the Lucifer have?How many BFReds?You tihnk that a Phobos,an Alcyone and a Titan could stop it?
Probably there are other ships(I see a glow under the Lucifer)but they won't be enough :D
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Could be with sustained fire, 10 BFBlues all firing at once at the Lucifer would bring down its hull strength conciderably, though it might not destroy it. The Lucifer can only target the Phobos and the Alcyone at that angle, it can probably hit the Surkan with its LRed and probably hit it with its quadruple SReds, but it probably will target the larger Phobos and Alcyone instead.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Uhh, ten BFBlues only bring the hull strength down by 5-8%. Death Squad consists of one Tereus, one Phobos, one Argo and one Alcyone. All are using Helios as secondaries; Tereus is using a mix of Blue and Silver beams (this is story related :lol:).

When the Luci first jumped in, the Tereus's front BFSilv got whacked out instantly... :wtf: or just failed to fire 'cos the FOV was off. Took me some adjustment to get it to fire...

Point to note, Surkan's Argo is actually pointing in reverse :lol: Front Titan is an anti-fighter grid (AAAf/Hornet/Stinger/Vortex), bottom Titan (which faces backwards when you dock it with the Argo's bottom slot) is an anti-capital grid (BFBlue, Helios).

Sadly I was only successful the first time I loaded the mission (i.e. All Death Squad ships survive and only Lucifer dies)... rest of the times, I had to cheat invul the DS ships, I just couldn't get them to repeat what they did on the first try :( :wtf: Lucifer is one tough mutha... :wtf: Bangwal
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 10:54:28 am by asyikarea51 »
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Has anyone tried a Lucifer vs. Diablo?

I think the Lucy wins...... it's got two juggernaut-level beams, while the Diablo has only one.

Course, I'm not taking in the changes that the Inferno guys made. I think the Diablo is the same, but they really upgraded the Lucifer did they not?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Lucifer should win.

If the battle works out like this (WARNING! HORRIBLE ASCII ART!):

Lucy                             Diablo
     ----|-  ---->      <-----    ------|

then the Lucifer wins, but if, for instance:

Diablo             Lucy
    |-----   ----->     -----|-   ------->

Then the Diablo would win. :D

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I just did a bit of testing...

Scenario 1 = Diablo
-->> <<--

Scenario 2 = Lucifer

^ ^
^ ^
|   |
|   |

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Woo put 3 BFreds on the lucifer,it could win a Sathanas.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Really? The Diablo always wins at front on stationary...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It should have 2 not 3. Unless I weakened it since the public version...