Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 573305 times)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
A few of my mates play this, I really don't see the appeal. I have this hunch that I'll get addicted if I ever sit down and play it though.  :nervous:

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Give it a try. It'll either click, and click well, or it won't.

Better yet, check out some of the YouTube offerings. They're surprisingly compelling. Over time, you see a home take shape, then a fortress, and then a kingdom.

I found X's Adventures in Minecraft and SeaNanners' offerings to be particularly fun.

ya know, for a game that is supposedly so awesome, it sure looks like ass.

People say this about FreeSpace, y'know.

who says this

I do.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 10:02:19 am by -Joshua- »

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Not a plug, just a bit of info if anyone considers picking it up.

Buy it before the 20th and you get free updates for life. Buy it after (beta), and you get updates through beta and up to initial release. Beyond that is unknown.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Buy it before the 20th and you get free updates for life. Buy it after (beta), and you get updates through beta and up to initial release. Beyond that is unknown.

You stated it wrong. It's, if you pick up the alpha, any update that is made will be free. You won't get free updates for life, there is no gaurantee that the game will be updated.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net

You stated it wrong. It's, if you pick up the alpha, any update that is made will be free. You won't get free updates for life, there is no gaurantee that the game will be updated.

I just assumed that it would be assumed that you would get free updates as long as it was updated. :p Of course you can't get free updates unless there's an update available.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

I just assumed that it would be assumed that you would get free updates as long as it was updated. :p Of course you can't get free updates unless there's an update available.

But the problem is that a lot of people think that the developer owes them updates for some reason. And moan about stuff when they don't.

Offline Shade

That HLP SMP server idea sounds awfully attractive. Haven't tried multi yet, but if we had one of those, I definitely would :)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I'd totally play if someone set up a server, too. Just as long as we don't make any airports.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
I'd play too.

And don't worry, I'm not in the airport construction business.  I prefer impregnable mountaintop fortresses.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
I prefer constructing huge arches out of cobblestone, skycastles FTW
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
I somewhat enjoy creating building complexes....underwater

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
OH DEAR GOD BETA IS HORRIDLY LAGGY
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
yeah, I hang up and crash when operating my coastal batteries.

But about starting a multi server, who do we talk to?  Who's got a server laying around that we can use?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 08:55:36 pm by esarai »
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
WE CAN BUILD A MINECRAFT ORION
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Dammit, I got addicted to this game.  Now I've got a sprawling eight level underground mountain fortress where a hill used to be, and a diamond mine about a quarter mile down the beach that delves a hundred meters and then some, all nicely paved in a decending sequence of stone slabs.  They basically mark what I have claimed as mine and explored.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
WE CAN BUILD A MINECRAFT ORION
LIFE SIZE
As long as it's no more than 128 blocks vertically, WE CAN!
related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn2-d5a3r94&feature=related

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
oh funge... looks like this initiative's momentum petered out...

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
If I knew anyone who could host permanently, I'd love to ask them, but sadly I don't.

Minecraft?  I .... maaay have lost a few hours to Minecraft, yes.  Then, I lost a few more.  Then, I lost a few more.  And now, I'm in the process of losing a few more....

I haven't really touched SMP to date, though if a well-moderated HLP community server got set up, I could bring myself to give it a go.  That is to say, I would be on there day and night, building something ludicrously overwrought to serve as mere shelter.