Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 578664 times)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
So, the new world I generated for ****s and giggles was an island.

Just an island.  I could see every part of the island from where I started.  I can see one much smaller island from my spawn.  The smaller island has one tree on it.  My island is utterly barren.  Everything else is water.  Traveling for fifteen minutes in all eight major different directions yielded absolutely nothing in the way of land.

WELP!  Time to make the ultimate beach resort/dungeon of doom combo.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Sounds fun.

I'm currently working on a Skyblock map, since the podcast by Two Awesome Gamers made it look like a lot of fun.  Several quickly-aborted attempts later, and I finally have some semblance of order, and I'm getting my house built.  It should be interesting to see what I can manage.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

Just an island.  I could see every part of the island from where I started.  I can see one much smaller island from my spawn.  The smaller island has one tree on it.  My island is utterly barren.  Everything else is water.  Traveling for fifteen minutes in all eight major different directions yielded absolutely nothing in the way of land.

I knew a seed that generated that exact sort of thing in 1.8
Difference being is there was a cave entrance (massive one) at your immediate location
"No"

Offline Axem

As my own project in creative mode, I am making my Cretheus in block form!

Original: http://lazymodders.fsmods.net/axemart/3D%20Models/FreeSpace/Cretheus/CretheusBeauty.jpg

Progress:

(For a light cruiser, it sure is big)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I'm currently working on a Skyblock map, since the podcast by Two Awesome Gamers made it look like a lot of fun.  Several quickly-aborted attempts later, and I finally have some semblance of order, and I'm getting my house built.  It should be interesting to see what I can manage.

Yup, SkyBlock was a fun diversion for a night: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/600254-surv-skyblock/page__st__1180#entry8916787
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net

Seed?
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Random.  I'll check it out when I get a few minutes.

EDIT:  How do I check that, anyway?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:14:09 am by Scotty »

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Random.  I'll check it out when I get a few minutes.

EDIT:  How do I check that, anyway?
F3 in game should give you it, it's the ludicrously long number middle left on the screen.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Seed:  1443186641567621443

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something

Yup, SkyBlock was a fun diversion for a night: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/600254-surv-skyblock/page__st__1180#entry8916787
Very nice. :) I'm working on getting my house set up, though I doubt it'll be nearly as fancy as that.  It's kind of scary how mobs can manage to spawn in the tiniest patches of darkness; I had to put torches on the top of my house walls to get rid of them.  I think I'm going to try copying the mob grinder that the TAG guys used, which is basically a closed-off room 30 or so blocks above a platform.  Watching everything splat and die is my idea of fun. :D

(I've also had to resort to MCEdit once or twice to get my lava back.  It helps to actually make sure your folder is copied before attempting to reconstruct your cobblestone generator. :p)

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Server slowly returning to normal, basic functionality restored.
Still running 1.0, I see a few people have already upgraded :/
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
With the latest update I can't even play SP, the performance is so bad.
Who'd of thought that such a basic looking game would be so demanding?
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
With the latest update I can't even play SP, the performance is so bad.
Who'd of thought that such a basic looking game would be so demanding?

Me, because I understand that MC doesnt care about your gpu, it cares how fast one core (yes, one, it is not multithreaded) is. A 3.2 P4 will beat out a 1.86 core duo any day of the week because MC wants single thread preformance. Try optifine, it smooths out how MC is rendered and should give you a nice boost in fps if you're having problems.

Now, if you use GLSL in MC the tables are instantly turned, and MC cares very very much what GPU you have:
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Server slowly returning to normal, basic functionality restored.
Still running 1.0, I see a few people have already upgraded :/

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Hostile mobs arn't spawning again u.u
What changed? D:

EDIT: Hmms server seems almost lag free though.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 09:17:50 pm by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

I second that! I'll have to test earlier in the day to confirm if my connection issues are totally gone, though. Qaz, could we restore plugins in an experimental, one-at-a-time fashion, so perhaps figure out which one is the lag culprit?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
That music choice is amusing me waaaay more than it should. :D

Wooo, server!

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
That music choice is amusing me waaaay more than it should. :D

Wooo, server!

Whatever song happens to be on the playlist at the time is whats recoreded, I gave up on using YouTube to slelect music a while ago.  :P

Never did show how the Drive actually relates to the rest of Fenris, hopefully this will give some idea:

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 04:13:10 am by KyadCK »

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
When I search for GTC Fenris and Minecraft on you tube I find nothing.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!

Seriously...we need a bunch of vids to showcase the awesome that is our server....
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft

I second that! I'll have to test earlier in the day to confirm if my connection issues are totally gone, though. Qaz, could we restore plugins in an experimental, one-at-a-time fashion, so perhaps figure out which one is the lag culprit?
Indeed, I'll be trying two new plugins today, craftbook (which is undergoing a bit of revival but is still in dev builds) and commandbook to restore warp and home functionality. If those work, once my VPS comes back online, I'll try getting dynmap back up next week.