Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 578663 times)

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Ah, yeah, I think I got the ones near spawn.

8 players on, no difficulties?
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Due to the events beyond my control, my own server is permanently offline as of today. For those of you who've played or want to keep on playing there, the new link is m.c4.io
Necrogami took over the hosting and i quit.

somebody also edit the first post of the thread once you get a moment.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
"No"

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
If the server is still up and he no longer has to pay for it, wouldn't that be a good thing? o.o
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
ahhh my first one, not been back there for ages, I aught to make the trek one day, the top of that place hits the game ceiling and I think the mine under it hits bedrock

Sounds like my place. Damn ceeling limit :( I wanted to go so much higher/deeper
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Do you still come on semi-regularly, headdie?  I don't know that I've run into you while online.

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Qaz, would you consider installing this on the server?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/493077-11-redstone-torch-burnout-fix-ssp-smp/

I've been noticing since 1.1 that redstone torches are being more finiky than ever. I'm down at the blaze xp farm at the moment but the torches are burning out after a single use for no particular reason (when before 1.1 it worked perfect).

Note that none of the torches are receiving any fast pulses, so they should *not* be burning out, it's definitely a bug (as described in that thread I linked anyway)

I'm not that familar with SMP mods though, so not sure whether just the server needs it or if players have to download it as well, and in that case it would be fairly pointless.

So yeh for anyone that's wanting to use the xp farm, it's broken for the moment until the stars re-align or something.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 02:28:19 am by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Oh right...pece, I edited in the new address for you.  Sorry to hear that you're handing things over; I hope those events aren't anything too serious.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Oh right...pece, I edited in the new address for you.  Sorry to hear that you're handing things over; I hope those events aren't anything too serious.
Thanks Mongoose, I hope things are okay pece... :(
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
If the server is still up and he no longer has to pay for it, wouldn't that be a good thing? o.o

He owned the physical server, only costs are electric and internet, hence most of our worry.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/493077-11-redstone-torch-burnout-fix-ssp-smp/

I'm not that familar with SMP mods though, so not sure whether just the server needs it or if players have to download it as well, and in that case it would be fairly pointless.

That is a code-side mod, not asset, it would be server only. MC clients are 'dumb terminals' if you will, they look at the server for chunk updates and so forth, which is why clients can use code modifying mods like optifine. However, this mod requires modification of the jar itself and is not a plugin, so my money is on "no it wont be installed".
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
eh. could be worse. you might see me around your place sometime soon tho :p
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
TrashMania is not the only winter wonderland. My current sorroundings have changed to match.

snow..tons of snow...30+ cm deep. IN DALMATIA!
I've never seen anything like it. I did see snow fall here twice in my entire life...it was less tha 1 cm of snow that melted amsot instantly. This?
The city is in a standstill. I walked trough snow to work only to find out no one was there. Roads closed....

no global warming my ass!

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft

He owned the physical server, only costs are electric and internet, hence most of our worry.

That is a code-side mod, not asset, it would be server only. MC clients are 'dumb terminals' if you will, they look at the server for chunk updates and so forth, which is why clients can use code modifying mods like optifine. However, this mod requires modification of the jar itself and is not a plugin, so my money is on "no it wont be installed".

Ah damn >.<
Doesn't sound too good with pec then.

Checked bukkit for something that does the same as the anti torch burnout mod, but nothing there...but mebe the bug has fixed itself by now idk.

EDIT: Lol vanilla minecraft has kittens now x.x

EDIT 2: Seems the redstone has fixed itself, but it's broken again after about 20 minutes of use ._.
Spose I can work around that for now, but if it starts affecting the fenris might wanna take another look.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 06:23:56 am by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
eh. could be worse. you might see me around your place sometime soon tho :p

Won't be the same without you guys on the other server :(

TrashMania is not the only winter wonderland. My current sorroundings have changed to match.

snow..tons of snow...30+ cm deep. IN DALMATIA!
I've never seen anything like it. I did see snow fall here twice in my entire life...it was less tha 1 cm of snow that melted amsot instantly. This?
The city is in a standstill. I walked trough snow to work only to find out no one was there. Roads closed....

Well if it's anything it's global cooling I guess, but it's definitely interested. Most of Europe has quite cold temperatures too, that while December seen practically no snow where I live. As such I think it's like winter weather has simply been 'delayed' so to speak.

Kittens in minecraft, seems interesting to me too. Jungle biome and whatsnot, curious if there's some haxor way to add it to the world map in some undeveloped area, since it seems you can't generate it in older worlds. Else I suppose we're going to have to make one by hand.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
Kittens in minecraft, seems interesting to me too. Jungle biome and whatsnot, curious if there's some haxor way to add it to the world map in some undeveloped area, since it seems you can't generate it in older worlds. Else I suppose we're going to have to make one by hand.
IIRC, Jeb posted something on reddit about how to enable the new terrain generator on older maps.  NBT editing I believe.
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I've got to be very tired of mining
Now I'm just playing on my old server by myself building away at some mansion...

Why does Minecraft depress me so much now D:
"No"

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Well if it's anything it's global cooling I guess, but it's definitely interested.[/quote]

Global Warming = more erratic weather patterns with bigger extreemes. It doesn't mean "it gets warmer everyhwere".

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft

Well if it's anything it's global cooling I guess, but it's definitely interested.

Global Warming = more erratic weather patterns with bigger extreemes. It doesn't mean "it gets warmer everyhwere".
That's why the term "Climate Change" is preferred.

EDIT: omg trashman, lrn2quote.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 12:20:28 pm by qazwsx »

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Built a serial modem in my sub-sub basement, encodes a byte in a single line of redstone and can decode it as well. kind of cool, but useless if I've got nowhere to send data to. :\