Author Topic: Can anybody recommend me a destroyer?  (Read 3642 times)

Can anybody recommend me a destroyer?
I've been building a fleet for a well-equipped civilian faction, mostly out of ships from Nukemod. (Side note: Nukemod contains loads of really interesting ships of fairly high quality, and yet I've basically never seen them used anywhere, with the notable exception of the Dante.)

I'm using the Rumrunner, Valhalla, and Ragnarok for cruisers and corvettes. I'm also going to use the Anchorage as their flagship (they're very well-equipped.) What I haven't been able to find is a good mid-size destroyer to fit into their fleet.

I was thinking of using the GTD Henderson, but I think it would just be too much of a hassle to get into usable condition. It's so small that I'd have to scale it up (and figure out how to fix the weird things that happen when you scale up a model), it doesn't really have enough turrets, and it's a somewhat low-quality model anyway. I was also considering the CCV Kiev, as it fits the bill pretty well aesthetically, but again I'm not sure what would be required to get it working, and it's quite outdated visually.

So I figured I'd ask, just in case anybody knew of a good candidate that wasn't listed in User-Made Ships.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: Can anybody recommend me a destroyer?
Treat this board as an archive or library of released materials. A point where we congregate everything we've done into one place so someone can easily find content. Keep this in mind when posting here.

What's okay:
  • A release thread
  • A WIP, Beta or Test release thread (but please clearly mark it as such)
  • A re-release thread that has substantially newer content to warrant a new thread
    • I leave at what point to make a new thread to your judgement, but something like a bug fix patch doesn't need a new thread
    • If you're re-releasing or adopting someone else's content, you should probably do it in a new thread so its distinct from the original thread. Remember to give credit too!
  • A direct link to a release elsewhere on HLP or other FS community page (You can copy your original release post, or just have a lone link for people to follow)

What's not okay:
  • "Does anyone have any recommendations for...???"
  • "I have a request..."
  • "XXXXX doesn't work in 4.5.7 NEED HELP"

If you have a thread release post elsewhere and want it moved to here, PM a staff member, or use the report thread feature of the board to notify a staff member and we'll get it moved.
As for recommendation itself, go for GTD Damocles.

Edit: NVM, someone moved the thread.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 05:37:03 am by Nyctaeus »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Tanen carrier reskin with a different load out was quite nice.  Or that red one from the anarchist mod.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Ah, my apologies. Should have checked the guidelines.