Author Topic: Always one step behind  (Read 22573 times)

Offline faxi

• Half a myriad of GUUBERs...
I noticed that I had a mistake in one of the dates above. My previous post is now corrected. The resulting date for "not as it appears" is Feb. 15. This would fit with the statement "I've been getting a number of hits on those orders I uploaded on the 15th".

So, I am starting to think that these adjusted dates might be the right dates although I still not sure what to do with them. Since there is an explicit hint that the 2nd message was sent on the 15th, I'd think that there must be something that we need to do with these adjusted dates

10/10/26   17:07:28   Can anyone hear me                            Jan     30 2335 (16 days before next post => news report that peace with Vasudans is because of Shivan attack)
26/10/26   18:54:58   Not as it appears                                   Feb.   15 2335 (4 days before next post, "uploaded on the 15th" => news talk about HoL as Rogue Vasucan faction)
30/10/26   18:18:24   Interesting Times                                  Feb.   19 2335 (6 days before next post)
05/11/26   02:34:55   Some more Highlights                         Feb.   25 2335 (4 days before next post)
09/11/26   11:02:32   On the destruction of a Multidude     March 1 2335 (news about finished destruction Vasuda => 3 news entries: Vasuda destroyed; Bastion helps with evacuation; Shivan assault continues)
16/11/26   01:39:14   Always one Step behind                      March 8 2335 (7 days after prev. post)
07/12/26   11:42:23   Analysis and speculation                    March 29 2335 (21  days after prev post)

Edit: I correlated the dates with news from the holonet
Edit 2: added "Analysis and speculation"
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 07:46:55 am by faxi »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Awesome work. :) I'm not entirely sure that it means something profound (or at least not yet), but at least we have a definitive timeframe for when he's posting these things.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Hmm ... wonder if we could set up something like a pastebin for continued translation...

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
Unlikely. The best bet seems to be keeping up with the current Vasudan word of the day and then decrypting the mothertrucking thing one word at a time.

/headdesk

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Or you could try starting a new thread. :nervous:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
AMENTEPAPAX - YELIKROKAH 13AT KARIGALOSOL OX VBK (?) - Admiral  13th (?) and (?)

13th Battlegroup?

Offline MikeRoz

Blowfish is correct. Goober has spoken.
Rave reviews of my previous posts:
"Wow.  Just wow.  Well, just about the whole post is devoid of reasonable technical merit and accuracy." -Enki
"Wow, he just wasted about an hour of his life." -MachManX
"There are 5 million things wrong with your post, of which many have already been pointed out..." -blackhole
"Grrr. Someone please monkey mike...He's causing more problems than he's solving" -terran_emperor
"You're not very bright, are you." - General Battuta

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
AMENTEPAPAX - YELIKROKAH 13AT KARIGALOSOL OX VBK (?) - Admiral  13th (?) and (?)

Amentepapax = To/onto Amentep

So "AMENTEPAPAX - YELIKROKAH 13AT KARIGALOSOL OX VBK" = "To/onto Amentep - Admiral 13th Battlegroup and ???

VBK -
V=_Va-suu'dah_ = Vasuda...Possibly Vasudan
B=_Bis-san'ti-nah =Empire...possibly imperial
K=ka-da-ran'-tah = Sector
or = ka-ra-bi'-mah = To Guard (possibly Guard as in Imperial Guard)

Thus

VDK =
a) Vasuda(n) Empire/Imperial Guard
b) Vasuda(n) Empire/Imperial Sector

Given the context i think a) is the more likely option

So "AMENTEPAPAX - YELIKROKAH 13AT KARIGALOSOL OX VBK" = "To/onto Amentep - Admiral 13th Battlegroup and Vasudan Imperial Guard"

e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
TOTHAPUD - ROTOLKRONAYELAH VBY HERODOTAT MAASISOL - -  (?) - (?)  (?)  Historical  (?)   

Tothapud = Toth(ablative case noun)
                = From/Away From/Concerning Toth

From Toth is the most likely

Rotolkronayelah = Administrator > Based on ROTOLKRONAYELAT meaning Adminstrative

VBY = Vasudan Imperial Navy

Herodotat = Historical

Maasisol = Department(?)/Devision(?)/Society < This is speculation on my part

TOTHAPUD - ROTOLKRONAYELAH VBY HERODOTAT MAASISOL = From Toth - Administrator, Vasudan Imperial Navy Historical Department/Devision/Society

LOSINKAH  GABUR  CHOGAH  JUUVAKAT  ROKUBRIKOL  ADOL KOYALAPOS.

Losinkah = Password
Gabur = Is --> as in "He is"
Chogah = ???
Juuvakat = ???
Rokubrikol = Director of
Adol = of ???
Koyalapos = in/on/at/by ???

LOSINKAH  GABUR  CHOGAH  JUUVAKAT  ROKUBRIKOL  ADOL KOYALAPOS. = Password is ??? ??? Director of ??? in/on/at/by ???

DOS  YOSTERBIX  WA  ADOL  ODOBRITIH  NEERITARUT  OKUUROS

Dos = this
yosterbix = (accusative noun)... Possibly "Repeated"
Wa = ??
Adol = of ???
Neeritarut = Humble
Okuuros = I ???

DOS  YOSTERBIX  WA  ADOL  ODOBRITIH  NEERITARUT  OKUUROS = This Repeated ??? of ??? Humble I ???

TRUE SHIVAN

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Hmm ... wonder if we could set up something like a pastebin for continued translation...

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,57138.0.html

What about here for people to check when they stumble /solve the original 162 thing.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline faxi

Goober sent the following personal message to me on Nov 17 - I did not notice it before now,

a nudge
« Sent to: faxi on: November 17, 2008, 01:18:16 AM »

"We've been able to translate those Ancient records -- or enough to get the information we need, anyway..."
Y'all are running behind schedule on the translation progress.   You and MikeRoz and others have made good progress at replacing words with their equivalents, but nobody seems to have tried to look at the big picture.  I suggest trying to rewrite the entire yosterbah using everything that you already know or can figure out.

Vasudan Imperial Navy
Military Historic Department
Administrative Office

from: TOTH - Administrator of the VBY (Vasudan Imperial Navy) Historic Department;

to: AMENTEP - Admiral  of the 13th Battlegroup and the VBK (Vasudan Imperial Intelligence???)
- Flag ship "Guardian";

Greetings and Greatness for Vasuda.

You honour me - it's my pleasure?[KOLUUMB(participle)(instrumental)] to report that we have added your
recent work at Deneb[CHARIDED] to the Vasudan archives. I commend you for your wise deeds
and  for remembering the future - despite of the present horrors.
We need to remain humble and  learn from the past - our defeats
must be remembered just as well as our victories.
And history itself is recorded best, when it is freshly remembered.

Because the Vasudan crew is short by itself, this battle[KARIG(accusative)]
was recorded by a Terran historian that we hired.
He calls himself by the amusing pseudonym "half-a-myriad GUUBERs [Goober5000]" -
and among Terrans, he himself knows   the most?[(ameliorative)RUT].
I trust you will accomplish?[TUUV] that difficult?[WOSIKAF(adjective)] work.

Through a personal node in the Holonet's  gaming  sector [http://www.sectorgame.com/goober/],
the historian has provided a recorded copy.
You should manually access by navigating towards page "Deneb[CHARIDED] 3" [http://www.sectorgame.com/goober/denebiii.html].
Its/His/The password is the name[CHOGAH] of the security?JUUVAK(adjective) director at your ship[KOYAL] [Security Director Harakhti?].

I humbly send this letter for your approval.
Be well!

last updated on Dec 15
(words that I have guessed only based on context, have a ? behind them.)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 03:57:04 am by faxi »

Offline MikeRoz

The more I see this the more I think it's breaking the fourth wall. Three guesses as to what a guuber is?
Rave reviews of my previous posts:
"Wow.  Just wow.  Well, just about the whole post is devoid of reasonable technical merit and accuracy." -Enki
"Wow, he just wasted about an hour of his life." -MachManX
"There are 5 million things wrong with your post, of which many have already been pointed out..." -blackhole
"Grrr. Someone please monkey mike...He's causing more problems than he's solving" -terran_emperor
"You're not very bright, are you." - General Battuta

Offline faxi

The word guuber struck me from the beginning. A pseudonym, called "half of a myriad of GUUBERs" or something very similar is certainly suspicious, especially since Vasudan word order is the other way around in many cases. I wonder, whether "myriad" can stand for the number 10000 :).

Offline Vip

He has provided a copy of (unknown prefix ro)history recorded through a personal node
in the Holonet's  gaming  sector.  hand(adjective)
you(singular) should access(accusative) "flameIDEDAH 3"/"CHARIDEDAH 3" towards page   by means of navigating.
password  be{he}  CHOGAH  JUUVAK(adjective)  of your (unknown prefix ro)direct
KOYAL(locative).

LOSINKAH  GABUR  CHOGAH  JUUVAKAT  ROKUBRIKOL  ADOL KOYALAPOS.

Losinkah = Password
Gabur = Is --> as in "He is"
Chogah = ???
Juuvakat = ???
Rokubrikol = Director of
Adol = of ???
Koyalapos = in/on/at/by ???

LOSINKAH  GABUR  CHOGAH  JUUVAKAT  ROKUBRIKOL  ADOL KOYALAPOS. = Password is ??? ??? Director of ??? in/on/at/by ???

Is it only me, or does it sound awfully similar to some kind of username/password for the site ? It seems there is more to the Holonet than we have discovered...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 04:41:00 pm by Vip »
Lieutenant Commander Richard "Viper" Pred

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
yep. I'm guessing that once we finish the translation, we'll have the password to access the Restricted Section on Holonet

and faxi has his supposition right. A myriad can be defined as 10,000/ therefore, "half a myriad of GUUBERs" = 5,000 GUUBERs --> Goober 5000

This letter does seem to break the forth wall, as it mentions our resident Goo Goo Dolls fan ;)

No offence ment Goober
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 04:43:49 pm by terran_emperor »

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline Nuclear1

Okay, "gaming sector" is SectorGame.

Also:  Chogah = name

If Josyachogah is a pseudonym ("false name"), eliminating "Josya" (false) leads to "name".

Juuvkat is a number then--first or last, likely.

So, the password is a "first name" or "last name" of some director.

EDIT:  Also:

<Nuclear> okay, does RO- indicate that the noun is a person?
<Nuclear> such as, director, administrator?
<Goober5000> bingo
<Goober5000> specifically, it means one-who-X
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 05:38:28 pm by nuclear1 »
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline faxi

<Nuclear> okay, does RO- indicate that the noun is a person?
<Nuclear> such as, director, administrator?
<Goober5000> bingo
<Goober5000> specifically, it means one-who-X

This also means, that we are talking about a historian, who is called "Guuber-half-a-myriad" ;). I changed my translation post above to reflect that and will try to update it further in the future.

Goober seems to have his own closed sub-forum, called "Goober Collective" at sectorgame.com. The last listed post in the forum overview is more than half a year old, but he could be cheating.

Could it be that he has re-used his old forum there for other purposes?
Does anybody have access to this forum? Was it always a closed forum?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Actually, that subforum has been around for a long while, and it seems to be as open as ever as far as I can tell.  It's Goober's personal hosted board for discussing his own FS2 projects, although he hasn't really released anything new in there in quite some time.

Offline faxi

Actually, that subforum has been around for a long while, and it seems to be as open as ever as far as I can tell.  It's Goober's personal hosted board for discussing his own FS2 projects, although he hasn't really released anything new in there in quite some time.
Hmm, I get a logon screen, when I try to access the subforum. Could it be that you are just permanently logged in on sectorgame?
But since you seem to have access and since nothing seems to have been posted there, it seems like this can't be the right place, then.

Offline Nuclear1

Unless he's referring to Ross 128 in the message.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!