Author Topic: Unofficial patch for FSPort MediaVPs  (Read 17295 times)

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Unofficial patch for FSPort MediaVPs
I created a ship TBM that allows the use of the MediaVPs_2014 with the FSPort
I have it posted on gamefront for anyone thats interested and am waiting for approval on freespacemods.net
http://www.gamefront.com/files/23966026/2014_shp_zip
moddb
http://www.moddb.com/groups/freespace-campaign-restoration-project-team/downloads/unofficial-patch-for-fsport-mediavps
freespacemods.net
http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.913
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 06:03:20 pm by Macfie »
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline vafan13

Re: Unofficial patch for FSPort MediaVPs
Thanks! And this goes in fsport-mediavps\data\tables\    correct?

Offline Macfie

Thanks! And this goes in fsport-mediavps\data\tables\    correct?

That is correct.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Do we do anything to the mod.ini file?

Offline Macfie

Do we do anything to the mod.ini file?

Yes change mediavps_3612 to Mediavps_2014

Offline Sarkoth

• Ser Campaign-listador
This worked rather nicely. Sometimes I feel bad about being here for so long without having picked up the slightest bit of fredding or modding ability.
Only the one passed trough darkness obtains the right to ask for light

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Darn. When i open the htm i get 403 Forbidden error. :( Any known ways to fix it?
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Macfie

usually this is a function of the server you are working from or the internet access program you are using.  For some reason the gamefront server is denying you access.  The link is still working.

I've attached a copy of the upgrade.

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]

Offline HVD

Does this also work with Silent Threat: Reborn? ST:R's mod.ini references both fsport-mediavps and mediavps_3612 so can I just copy that tbm file to ST:R's data\tables and change the mod.ini or is there more to it?

Offline Macfie

Yes that should work for STR or any FSPort based mod.

Offline iVoid

Just to make sure, do I have to put the table file in a folder named data\tables inside the folder of every mod that references the fsport-mediavps?

PS: The gamefront link didn't work for me either, maybe the people that can't use it aren't that few... Anyway the attachment solved that.

Offline Macfie

The file only has to be put in the data table of the fsport-mediavps.

I also added a link for moddb to the original post.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 10:22:08 pm by Macfie »

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
edit: fixed
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 07:29:48 pm by Ghost »
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Macfie

What mod are you playing?  Do you have the patch installed in fsport-mediavps\data\tables?

Please post a debug log.

See this thread for how to post a debug log.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=56279.0
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 06:10:56 pm by Macfie »

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
@ Macfie, I posted in the support subforum with my command line and someone else helped me out, and I'm all set now. I had everything set up correctly, I just hadn't restarted the launcher, so it was still pointing to the nonexistent 3.6.12 MVP folder. All is well, I am just dumb.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Inspired by the remaster of "Shrouding the light" and the new release "Frontlines" I finally decided to combine FSPort-mediaVPs and all the FSport mods with the MediaVPs_2014. However I find that players would benefit from one additional table file, that makes FSPort's in-game HUD look smaller and cleaner. What it does is that it overrides the FSPort-MediaVPs' own hud table file and let's the new Adaptable HUD code in the newer FSO build do its job. It also fixes the bad alignment on the lower-right side of the screen.

Comparison:

BEFORE
AFTER

I have attached the table file in this post, even though it's really simple. In order to use it, you have to put in the previously mentioned mod\data\tables directory.

NOTICE that you can also use this same table file for mods that don't use MediaVPs at all to get nicer HUDs. I have confirmed this with TVWP: Unification War, Inferno:R1 and Babylon Project\Zathras.

The downside: For monitors that have larger vertical pixel amounts than 1200 the HUD text can get a little too small. So If you have a 1440p, 1600p or 2160p monitor, be cautious.

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 09:33:05 am by Lykurgos88 »

The links provided by the OP are not working.
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened

Offline Macfie

The links provided by the OP are not working.

OP?

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Original Poster -- i.e. you. :)
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Macfie

OK, I checked the links for GameFront and Moddb and both are working.  Freespacemods.net website is down.   There is also a copy of the unofficial patch attached to one of the posts.