Author Topic: [Release] Apollo HTL and MK2, Prototype, Bomber variants  (Read 30211 times)

Re: [Release] Apollo HTL and MK2, Prototype, Bomber variants
This is one sexy ship!

Very very very sorry to necro this after so long. But I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out with getting this into the game? I'd love to use it during the campaign, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Isn't this used in FSPort now?  I think you just have to activate the fsport-mediavps mod or somesuch, as FSPort is the port without using the enhanced models from the MediaVPs upgrade (would be useful for low-end systems, I guess?).

You do have the MediaVPs and FSPort installed on FreeSpace 2 using the FreeSpace Open Installer, which you can find at the menu bar at the top of this site labeled "Installing FreeSpace Open", right?  Then you'd want to activate the fsport mediavps mod and launch the game with wxLauncher (I think it's available from within the Installer, but if not, you can get it from the same drop-down).

It is not used in fsport-mediavps yet.

Put 4 folders from archive into data folder of your mod.

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
@jr2
Nether this, nor the HTL Hippocrates have been added to the MediaVPs as of yet. I'm not sure but I think the MVPs are updated in large chunks of ships.

@shepard1707
If you just want the new Apollo and nothing else;
Go into the Zip and grab the "Models" and "Maps" folders, take them and place them in "fsport-mediavps_2014" under the "Data" folder.

Hope this helps!   :)
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
The only released mod I know of off-hand that uses this Apollo is BtA, which specifically went through the trouble of un-PBR-ifying the maps because their initial release targeted 3.7.4.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I'm using it but I had to adjust the firepoints to make them symmetrical again.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
@shepard1707
If you just want the new Apollo and nothing else;
Go into the Zip and grab the "Models" and "Maps" folders, take them and place them in "fsport-mediavps_2014" under the "Data" folder.
I think the model itself (the .pof file) should be renamed to fighter04.pof. That works for me.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
...It didn't come in the download that way? I must've renamed it and forgotten.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline crizza

Just found this...
The pictures alone get me tempted to get into fred, since I always wanted a MKII Apollo as personal fighter for my XO :D
Looking good btw.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yeah... I'm bumping an old thread. Deal with it.

Any chance we have the source files to the textures to this? Specifically the Lt. Ash version? I'm working on a thing... Would love to have the highest quality textures available and bonus points for a legit height map instead of a normal.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
please give that man his data, we might get an HD cutscene out of it ;-)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
sorry, haven't had a look at hlp for quite some time, i will see what i can find
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
Hm, nope, I don't seem to be having the Quixel suite textures around any more, except from the blend file, everything is in the download, i am sorry :/
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:bump:

I'd like to add this to the FSPort MVPs.  Could someone (maybe Trivial Psychic) provide a version that has the POF data in the same arrangement as the retail model?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I tried to include it in an attachment, but even compressed it was too big... and that was without the texture file.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
 :bump:

Sorry to bump this old thread. But i found small errors in the Prototype and the MK II version of the Apollo.

Both of them have a "Turret" subobject that is defined as an actual subsystem, which is requested by the ships.tbl.

But even if you add it there, you get only a message about a missing firing point, which is correct, because in the prototype this "turret" is only a cosmetic feature and in the MKII one it is used as the firing point for the primary guns.

So maybe someone is interested to release a 1.2 update of this, that does not have the "$special=subsystem; $fov=240" properties in these versions :).

Or to better say, that is the thing i have done to the models i have (well, i could upload them, too), but maybe it is not the intended solution for this?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 05:13:33 pm by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Can anyone please provide an alternate download link for these GTF Apollo variants? The Mediafire download apparently works but any attempt to extract the files from the compressed folder results in critical errors, at least on my end. I've even tried downloading the file several times.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Had problems with the archive if i use Windows Explorer for extractions. However both 7zip and WinRar are working.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 01:08:46 pm by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I got the files from Nyctaeus who was kind enough to download the variants from Mediafire and send them over.

To be honest, I have no idea what caused my downloads to be corrupt and impossible to extract; I used the same programs you and many others did.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]