Author Topic: [GUIDE] Installing Post-MediaVPs HTL Models!  (Read 21799 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: [GUIDE] Installing Post-MediaVPs HTL Models!
You could mention Oddgrim's HTL Sobek he released some time ago. It's as cool as RGA's version :D and worth to be placed in the list as an alternative to RGA's Sobek.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Skarab

I had no idea Oddgrim had a sobek, and searching for it keeps turning up RGA's... do you have a link for it?

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
quick google search turns up this:

http://freespacemods.net/download.php?view.842

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
I had no idea Oddgrim had a Sobek too :wtf:... It looks fantastic, however, is there a thread or something on HLP? Any bugs or balance issues?
If there are no bugs or balance issues, I see no issues adding it in...
Maybe I'll PM Oddgrim and ask him!
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline FSW

I've uploaded my collection. Here's the thread:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=85119.0

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Sorry for the bump, but can someone please tell me if recently released models (like the Serapis) will work by using the same installation methods laid out in Cybertrance's OPs? Thanks!
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
This is very much nitpicking and I intend to post this only for informational purposes.

HTL means Hardware Transformation and Lighting which debuted with the very first GeForce and Radeon GPU's back in 1999/2000. Retail FS2 did not support HTL, but once source code was released one of the first major improvements was to add HTL support. Added rendering performance allowed hi-poly models, hi-res textures and hi-res effects just as it allowed other eye-candy. However, HTL and hi-poly never have and never will mean the same thing.

And no, I do not expect this post to change how the term is used here in HLP. Just as long as you realize that nobody uses HTL as a synonym for hi-poly outside of HLP and even here it is purely by association.

Carry on. :p

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
Sorry for the bump, but can someone please tell me if recently released models (like the Serapis) will work by using the same installation methods laid out in Cybertrance's OPs? Thanks!

Yeap, just copy the files by extension to the right folders and you'll be good to go.

Offline Ulala

Yeap, just copy the files by extension to the right folders and you'll be good to go.

Wonderful, thank you.

[edit] Does anyone know if there are any other models missed in the OP besides the Serapis and the Knossos? I seem to remember someone re-doing some cargo containers, but a search didn't yield what I was looking for. I'm basically trying to get every single updated asset in the game I can before streaming a whole playthrough on Twitch.tv. :) If anyone knows of any additional new models that may have been missed, please let me know. Thanks, everyone!

[edit2] I also found the updated Shivan Comm Node, but no download link. (http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=78292.msg1685889#msg1685889) Was it ever released? I didn't want to bump another thread so I figured I'd just check here to see if anyone knew anything. Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 04:08:38 pm by Ulala »
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
Here's the link for the TC2/TSC2 Cargo containers.  It's probably the one you're talking about.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=81250.0

Offline Ulala

Yep that's what I was thinking of. Thanks! Alas, no release yet. I will continue to be patient. :)
I am a revolutionary.