Author Topic: Serious problem with Knossos  (Read 1534 times)

Serious problem with Knossos
First hello to everybody on this forum. So today i install Knossos mode manager to install and play mods once again, been ages since i done it. So have i install Blue Planet complete, i have set latest build and everything that is recommended but once i start first mission in first campaign, age of aquarius i can't see the planet and ship models at all. I have install then reinstalled the mode 2 times, and there is still no planet in the background. Then i have install version 1.0.0 and ship models and texture are working perfect but still no planet in the background. i don't what is the problem and i am afraid that i won't be able to play complete mode at all if i can't see planets and other details. If anyone can give my any tips, or advice i am all ears. I will provide any information that you need, feel free to ask me. Ty in advance for reading my post and for taking your time to help me. My computer is new and there is no problem with hardware.  :) :) Verify file integrity is totally fine so i am stuck at this one. Also i am not new at mods i have used many mods, for different games over last years.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 01:15:53 pm by Zentriks »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Serious problem with Knossos
Please provide a log. You can do this by first clicking on the option highlighted here:

Let the game run until you enter the main screen, then quit. After that, use the "Upload Debug Log" option from the menu shown above. Knossos will give you a link, which you should post here.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

https://fsnebula.org/log/5e7bb081cb0d3321b0c9862b here it is. If you need more information just say it.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It would be a big help if you could install the current version of BP Complete and perform the above steps again, this time actually starting the first mission of AoA. You don't need to play it to completion, just starting it and letting it run for a bit of gameplay will be enough.

My suspicion at this stage is that there is something going wrong with your GPU (which, it has to be said, is quite old) when playing FSO with modern assets; the debug build should be able to give us a hint as to what exactly is happening here.

Offline crizza

Just hijacking the thread to ask a question: SCP is no longer available in the explore thingy at Knossos?
Or did I make a mistake during installing?
https://fsnebula.org/log/5e7bb5a8cb0d3321acc9860a

Will do ty for your help so fast. I know that card is old, i will upgrade in few months if so possible. Updating now and going to post it in hour or two.  New hardware is totally new but card is still old, you make your point, probably i got problems as you say due to card being old.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Just hijacking the thread to ask a question: SCP is no longer available in the explore thingy at Knossos?

What? Do you mean 'Blue Planet is no longer available?'

That log shows you're missing the bpc-core file and bpc2-fs2blue.

https://fsnebula.org/log/5e7bea53cb0d3321b2c98632 here is the full play. Hope this helps us solve the problem. Ty very much.

Offline crizza

What? Do you mean 'Blue Planet is no longer available?'

That log shows you're missing the bpc-core file and bpc2-fs2blue.
No, The_E has SCP on his picture above. I cannot find SCP, but downloaded Blue Planet Complete after installing the game.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
No, The_E has SCP on his picture above. I cannot find SCP, but downloaded Blue Planet Complete after installing the game.

Just for future reference, do NOT hijack troubleshooting threads for fairly self-contained issues with unrelated stuff. It's rude at best, both to the original poster and whoever is doing the troubleshooting. We have a discord for questions like these, go and use it.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
https://fsnebula.org/log/5e7bea53cb0d3321b2c98632 here is the full play. Hope this helps us solve the problem. Ty very much.

Unfortunately, there isn't anything that jumps out at me as being an issue. However, I would recommend disabling shadows; that should give you a lot of performance back.

Np i will try that right now. Maybe it's card after all as you say. Who knows. That's, not going to stop me from playing other awesome mods anyway. Ty for everything Big E. If i need something l will join the discord.  :) :)