Poll

How do you like it?

It's actually pretty good.
20 (69%)
Meh. Nothing special.
9 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: November 22, 2002, 02:53:57 am

Author Topic: Yet another Hades reskin  (Read 4256 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Yet another Hades reskin
Yes, yes, I know, there's always a desire to reskin the Hades. I was messing around and came up with this, using the Orion textures; it's not that bad. Perhaps what would have happened if the GTA had started construction on it before they met the Shivans.

Say, that gives me an idea. Would the Alternate Paths team be interested in this?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
W0rd ta' dat!

It ain't that bad. Especially for a camp such as AP where there is no shivans to influence the design. Nice work GE, NOW GO TO BED.
;) :p

Edit: Voting for yourself?? tsk tsk.. :wink:
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

I like it, but I still preferred the original colouring. Also, would the Hades even been built (or even thought of) if the Shivans didn't come to play us a visit.
'Honour the valiant who fall beneath your sword, but pity the warrior who slays all his foes' - G'trok, in the poem lu geng

'Clarification is not to make oneself clear, it is to put oneself in the clear.' - Sir Humphrey Appleby

Why not visit the Time of Change website?

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Hey GE you got that for download? I'm steadily building a collection of all the Hades skins around so I can choose one for Maelstrom eventually! (Probably the day before I release it!!)
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
that's very nice!  i like it GE!

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
It looks good, the textures are applied right, but it just doesn't seem to fit to me.. Dunno, but the Orion textures just don't look right on the Hades. *shrug*
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Originally posted by Tar-Palantir
Also, would the Hades even been built (or even thought of) if the Shivans didn't come to play us a visit.

Well, considering the size of the thing, it must have been under construction for much of the T-V War. (Remember it took twenty years--with the cooperation of BOTH species--to build the Colossus.) Perhaps the Shivan tech was a last-minute addition in 2335. That's why I thought the AP team would be interested.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Any re-skin of the hades is good, but the textures get a little repetitive.
Can the reason that we fear the unknown be that we know ourselves too well?       -The Outer Limits

<*)}}}><  HAPPY FISHIE!!

Offline Anaz

I actually think that it is a very good ship. ATM I don't think that we need anything like a hades...but we can still pick it up "just in case"

...and shouldn't this be in the modding forum..?
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Well, like I said, for it to be done by 2335 it was probably under construction for much of the T-V War-- an ultimate weapon to beat the Vasudans, or something.

Offline HeX

• http://www.warpstorm.com
How the heck did I miss this one?
Glad Analazon picked it up. We may have a use for it later. Oh...uh...not like we have anything planned beyond the main project...aheh heh...
:nervous:
Warpstorm
Alot's changed, but alot's still the same. Come on by and talk about anything!

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Looks good - all the right textures in all the right places.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Windrunner

• The Hammer.
maybe i am blind but the hades looks the same to me as before
Staffmember: Hard Light Productions
I said a lot of things.  Some of them were even true. - Aldo_14

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
It's clearer in game and on the POF, but here's a comparison pic.

Offline Windrunner

• The Hammer.
now i can see tje resemblence. great work ge
Staffmember: Hard Light Productions
I said a lot of things.  Some of them were even true. - Aldo_14

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
definately looks like a *GTA* superdestroyer ;)

Offline ionia23

• "YES, I did finally see 'The Matrix' 12 years late
Speaking of AP....

How about what the Hades would have looked like without shivan influence?  Worth a shot maybe...
"Why does it want me to say my name?"

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Originally posted by ionia23
Speaking of AP....

How about what the Hades would have looked like without shivan influence?  Worth a shot maybe...

Ahem.. thats what the original one was meant to be like, however I believe Bobboua did a good reskin that added shivan influence!