Author Topic: Propellantless propulsion drive by NASA veteran can theoretically reach escape v  (Read 114 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Propellantless propulsion drive by NASA veteran can theoretically reach escape v
Dr. Charles Buhler, a NASA engineer and the co-founder of Exodus Propulsion Technologies, has revealed that his company’s propellantless propulsion drive... has produced enough thrust to counteract Earth’s gravity.

The Debrief (archived at both archive.ph and archive.org)

Overview by The Angry Astronaut (starts at 4:25 if you want to skip the prologue discussing alien tech, and his caveats about the term "defies the laws of physics" which he feels is rubbish).

Interview of Charles Buhler by Tim Ventura:

« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 10:59:18 pm by jr2 »

Re: Propellantless propulsion drive by NASA veteran can theoretically reach escape v
I don't know anywhere near enough about physics to form an opinion on this, also I haven't watched any of those videos. If it turns out to be real and practical, it would be really cool.

But my gut says "that doesn't sound real".

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Propellantless propulsion drive by NASA veteran can theoretically reach escape v
We've been here before.

A drive that does not require reaction mass would indeed be a great invention. However, so far, we haven't found one that wasn't ultimately a measurement error.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
My gut is pressing X as well but I was kind of hoping with that pedigree there'd be at least a little observable evidence when this all gets examined.