Off-Topic Discussion > General Discussion

Coronavirus Outbreak

<< < (264/264)

Grizzly:

--- Quote from: Dysko on December 04, 2021, 08:30:36 am ---Got my booster yesterday too.

I had COVID-like symptoms two weeks ago (sudden 37,5 °C fever which even peaked up to 39 °C for one evening), luckily the swab turned out negative, so it was probably parainfluenza.

Now let's hope now that this nu variant doesn't f**k everything up.
(oh it was renamed omicron and the "nu variant" dad joke does not work anymore?  :( )

--- End quote ---

Yes.

Scourge of Ages:

--- Quote from: perihelion on December 04, 2021, 04:54:43 pm ---Yeah, seriously, did we just skip half of the Greek alphabet or were there epsilon and lambda etc variants that just weren’t splashy enough to make the news?

--- End quote ---

Without doing research, I seem to remember that's exactly what happened

Dysko:

--- Quote from: perihelion on December 04, 2021, 04:54:43 pm ---Yeah, seriously, did we just skip half of the Greek alphabet or were there epsilon and lambda etc variants that just weren’t splashy enough to make the news? Or are they just skipping the “boring” letters?

--- End quote ---
Italian media told "OMG we are doomed!" for every new variant that appeared (I clearly remember apocalyptic articles for Epsilon, Mu and Lamba variants), luckily they were not "good enough" to spread better than Delta.

I also think we are lucky that the current variant was named Omicron instead of Nu, as Classical Greek students tend to have very strong opinions about whether the correct pronunciation is "noo" or "nee"  :shaking:

Grizzly:
I think the worry with Nu Covid was that everybody started pronouncing it as "New Covid" which err, yeah, fair enough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version