Author Topic: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!  (Read 221390 times)

Offline Mayhem

Sorry, guys, but i fear time trips me up for tonight - i fear i'll be unable to host my game, but I'll let cole know when i'm ready to host again.

Again, sorry. Have a good time anyway!  :yes:

Offline sleek

sleek, if you read this... it wasn't me.  :/

EDIT: back up... I had to restart FS2.

Wasn't you ? Holy royal ****. Who was it ?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
:welcomesilver:

EDIT: Welcome to the HLPBB   :cool:

There are many things to do here...be active everywhere.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 07:50:34 am by Mobius »
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Sorry, guys, but i fear time trips me up for tonight - i fear i'll be unable to host my game, but I'll let cole know when i'm ready to host again.

Again, sorry. Have a good time anyway!  :yes:

I can take over a bit later anyway. I'll remove your game and add mine there.

It would be nice to have one last big game here before I move, since I don't know how often I will come back after next Friday or what my internet connection there will be like (it's a free T1 provided by the apartment company, but it's shared and I've heard some complaints about its reliability).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 09:16:30 am by CP5670 »

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
You're probably using some mod, which needs to be disabled. It will only work with retail FS2 data and without media VPs.

I wasn't using any mod. I even deleted the tables folders just to be safe.  I gave me an invalid ship or wing(i'm not sure) and the name was GTD saratoga and a few others.
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
sleek, if you read this... it wasn't me.  :/

EDIT: back up... I had to restart FS2.

Wasn't you ? Holy royal ****. Who was it ?

No, no, I meant, when you got "kicked" off the server, it wasn't me, it was the server kicking both of us... I wasn't sure how the server would have worded its diconnect to you, so I didn't want you to think I'd kicked you or some nonsense like that.

Oh, and since you decided to fly by my viewscreen...  ;7

:welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue::welcomeblue:

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I'll start in a few minutes.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Hmm, ok, if anyone is interested in a mult match, I should be able to host... post what time here... it is now 9/4/07 1:30 AM GMT (9/3/07 8:30 PM EST)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
What about now?I have 1 hour.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Hmm.  OK, let fire it up... how long do you want to wait for ppl to join?

Offline Hades

like 5 minutes.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
It's up, you can join now, I'll leave it open for 5 mins.  Join now!

Offline Hades

Already there as Death.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Hmm, that was fun... but we all lost.  :doubt:  Bats FTW, I guess.  :ick:

Offline sleek

SCP todo:

1) automatic map/campaign rotation
2) standalone server, with rcon / remote admin capability
3) proper in-game joining

Then we can have a nice 24/7 server. No schedules needed.
I used to play tremulous ( tremulous.net ) which has all these features. It's all good until the game became too popular and all the tards started flocking in.

Pardon the OT and let the old man reminisce the golden days okay ?  :D

Offline MercFox1

• DIVE DIVE DIVE
    • Shacknews
Going to start a midnight game if anyone is looking for one.

Name: Endless War
Map: Forward Edge Battle Area
Time: 2:03 AM - Eastern Standard Time, 9/4/2007
Comments: Hopefully I can find some people, but it's 2AM EST (I'm a night owl)... so maybe, maybe not. If no-one joins in 30 minutes from this post, I'm going to bed.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 01:04:38 am by MercFox1 »
Steam_ID: MercFox1

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I still play Tremulous (http://tremulous.net), and v 3.6.10 of FSO will have standalone servers fixed... hopefully in-game joining, and auto map rotation, too.  :D

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
@MercFox1: can you join the HLP IRC server?

Offline MercFox1

• DIVE DIVE DIVE
    • Shacknews
@MercFox1: can you join the HLP IRC server?

Ooohh, maybe. Hold on, I need to grab an IRC client; new PC and all, still haven't brought it up to snuff.

Check my update above, BTW.

Oh, and JR2, check your messages. I'm too lazy to go finding the IRC info. :p
Steam_ID: MercFox1

Offline sleek

which irc server and channel ? you guys have so many idk which one to join.