Author Topic: FreeSpace Port 3.2 + FSPort Media VPs 3.6.12 Discussion!  (Read 42700 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: FreeSpace Port 3.2 + FSPort Media VPs 3.6.12 Discussion!
Due to a lack of beams, there is no beam piercing in the FSPort (except, of course, for the Lucifer's beams).

Also, when reporting a problem, always remember to post a log. Instructions on how to do this can be found in the FAQ, which is stickied in the support board.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Okay. Im missing only the Beam-Piercings from the Lucifer in Mission "Communication Failure"  (or else)  -  Do you mean the FAQ on FSO/FS2 ?
My english isnt very good. Please forgive me :)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yes, that is the FAQ I mean.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I'm pretty sure that this release does not contain piercing effects for the Lucifer beam weapon.

Galemp can correct me if I'm wrong.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Yes, due to an administrative oversight the beam piercing table entry didn't make it into the FSPort MediaVP on time. It'll be in the ST:R rerelease package.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Thank you All =)
My english isnt very good. Please forgive me :)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Okay. Im missing only the Beam-Piercings from the Lucifer in Mission "Communication Failure"
*Imagines Lucifer with studs through the arm struts, a hog ring through the top of the nose, and hoops through the dorsal plating*
Now THAT's some piercing effects.  :drevil:
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
:lol:

Hi,

I tried to play the current FSPort campaign, but the game crashes while trying to display the video after the "Avenging Angels" mission. I can hear for about 10 seconds the sound and the beginning of the narration, but instead the video the screen is either filled with colorful squares or just light grey with some filickering squares in the bottom left corner.

I'm running the game on OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard). After the crash, the OS X crash report opens. It seems that the Theora decoder is crashing:

Code: [Select]
Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000081c18790
Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Thread 0 Crashed:  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   org.xiph.theorak              0x01c0c936 ReconRefFrames + 339
1   org.xiph.theorak              0x01c0e613 LoadAndDecode + 4119
2   org.xiph.theorak              0x01c1a382 theora_decode_packetin + 100
3   FS2_Open-Inferno              0x004483b7 std::vector<ConditionedHook, SCP_vm_allocator<ConditionedHook> >::_M_insert_aux(__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<ConditionedHook*, std::vector<ConditionedHook, SCP_vm_allocator<ConditionedHook> > >, ConditionedHook const&) + 57543
4   FS2_Open-Inferno              0x000f3b5d std::vector<cf_file*, SCP_vm_allocator<cf_file*> >::_M_insert_aux(__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<cf_file**, std::vector<cf_file*, SCP_vm_allocator<cf_file*> > >, cf_file* const&) + 130461
5   FS2_Open-Inferno              0x001fc4d3 std::vector<message_extra, SCP_vm_allocator<message_extra> >::_M_insert_aux(__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<message_extra*, std::vector<message_extra, SCP_vm_allocator<message_extra> > >, message_extra const&) + 64035
6   FS2_Open-Inferno              0x00041bf1 ade_obj<vec3d>::ade_obj(char*, char*, ade_lib_handle*) + 108529
7   FS2_Open-Inferno              0x00104644 std::vector<color, SCP_vm_allocator<color> >::_M_insert_aux(__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<color*, std::vector<color, SCP_vm_allocator<color> > >, color const&) + 19300
8   FS2_Open-Inferno              0x0003c6d4 ade_obj<vec3d>::ade_obj(char*, char*, ade_lib_handle*) + 86740
9   FS2_Open-Inferno              0x001046f5 std::vector<color, SCP_vm_allocator<color> >::_M_insert_aux(__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<color*, std::vector<color, SCP_vm_allocator<color> > >, color const&) + 19477
10  FS2_Open-Inferno              0x00040f6a ade_obj<vec3d>::ade_obj(char*, char*, ade_lib_handle*) + 105322
11  FS2_Open-Inferno              0x0004105e ade_obj<vec3d>::ade_obj(char*, char*, ade_lib_handle*) + 105566
12  FS2_Open-Inferno              0x00037b42 ade_obj<vec3d>::ade_obj(char*, char*, ade_lib_handle*) + 67394

I downloaded the video package and reinstalled it, but that didn't change anything.

Does anybody have other suggestions which I might try, or do I have to wait for a bugfix..?  :sigh:

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Hi,

I tried to play the current FSPort campaign, but the game crashes while trying to display the video after the "Avenging Angels" mission. I can hear for about 10 seconds the sound and the beginning of the narration, but instead the video the screen is either filled with colorful squares or just light grey with some filickering squares in the bottom left corner.

I'm running the game on OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard). After the crash, the OS X crash report opens. It seems that the Theora decoder is crashing:

I downloaded the video package and reinstalled it, but that didn't change anything.

Does anybody have other suggestions which I might try, or do I have to wait for a bugfix..?  :sigh:

Make sure you do not have the flag "disable scale-to-window for movies" selected in the launcher.

It's possibly that your computer can't handle the 720p movies. Go here and grab the 480p versions.

Lastly, if this doesn't fix the issue, post the debug.log. Instructions for that are here.

Ok, I've downloaded the 1080p and the 480p variants. They both display correctly in the VLC player.

The 1080p variant will also crash in the game, the 480p variant just shows a green screen (with cinemascope borders... :-) ) and I can hear the narration -- but it doesn't crash. The game continues with the next mission...

The OS X launcher doesn't seem to know about a "disable scale-to-window for movies" flag and I didn't add command line arguments manually...

I have a Mac Pro (2008 model) with a Nvidia Geforce 8800GT and a display with 1920x1200 resolution -- so the hardware shouldn't be the problem...

At least I can continue the game for now, but it would be nice if this could be fixed... ;-) The introduction video displays correctly, by the way...

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It seems you may have an issue with the new cutscenes. Until things are figured out, I recommend using these instead.

http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.187

Ok, thanks -- these are indeed working in the game. Needless to say that the hires variants are much nicer... ;-)

If you need more information or testing -- I'm willing to help, just send me a mail...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions

Sadly, you've run across the OGG movie player bug which has been known to be a problem on OSX for quite a while:(  Although we know exactly what the problem is and how to fix it, we do not have any OSX developers.  And unfortunately, we have not had any success in the four months since we made that post.

Do you know of any programmers who have OSX and would be willing to compile a library for us?

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I had a feeling this was the issue.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I was wondering if anyone had reviewed the latest version of the effects pack I had put up a few months ago, as I see that none of its resources made the cut. At least knowing what happened to it, even if it got rejected, would be nice.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yeah. Some of the effects in fsport_mediavps aren't exactly perfect either.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I preferred my own custom-made effects to recolors of existing effects. Sorry.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I was wondering if anyone had reviewed the latest version of the effects pack I had put up a few months ago, as I see that none of its resources made the cut. At least knowing what happened to it, even if it got rejected, would be nice.
I still have them.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Just a side question, is the 3.2 FSPort available via Turey's installer?