Author Topic: Troubleshooting  (Read 1388 times)

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
GTA4 says "Your graphics settings are near or exceed the suggested resource limits for your system. It is recommended that your reduce your graphics settings in order to run the game optimally."

It also lists my "Resource Usage" as 242/243 MB.

What kind of resources is it talking about? I know it can't be RAM. I have 6GB of that. Is it talking about something on my graphics card?

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i'm guessing video ram
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline FlamingCobra

I am just going to assume that there is no way to dedicate more memory to that.

Offline FlamingCobra

:bump:

I think this may help but I don't know what I'm doing.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Just play the game and find out if it was *****ing at you for no reason.  I once had half life 2 episode 2 *****ing at me because i didn't have a 2.2ghz processor, but rather a lowly 2.0ghzz :lol:

Surely enough my game played fine. This is as easy as calling the games bluff. And that's where you find out if it was bluffing or not. It's not like calling a game's bluff is going to be volatile for your computer.

EDIT: It also really helps to know your system's specs. We have no idea what allocated memory gta is *****ing about. Expect no more help from what we gave you so far until you do give your system's specs (we don't know enough to help you).
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
I am just going to assume that there is no way to dedicate more memory to that.

correct.  it's the amount of memory physically on your graphics card.
I like to stare at the sun.