Author Topic: Official ship request,  (Read 6710 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Official ship request,
PLease PLEASE PLEASE  can you make the YT-2400 series AND  the Outrider itself.    

I LOVE  that ship and if i had to buy a SW ship to live in for the rest of my life, That would be the one (unless i could afford an SSD's crew salary of course)

Many thanks SWTC crew....
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
For Reference -

I like this ship too, but unfortunately, the SW universe is a massive one, and we only have two modellers and one texturer working for us ATM. Hence we're prioritizing canon ships from the original trilogy. However, chances are this mod'll be going on for a long time, so there's every possibility that it will gwt made - eventually.

Remember, we will accept mods from other people (providing they're of good quality) so if you can create one of these yourself, or find somebody else to create one for you, it will almost certainly be included in the mod (with due credit of course).
« Last Edit: November 02, 2002, 11:34:06 pm by 302 »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
If you can tell me the dimensions you want it in game ill try and see what i can do........  ;7
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by Colonol Dekker
If you can tell me the dimensions you want it in game ill try and see what i can do........  ;7

According to this site the YT-2400 is -

Damned Small for a Freighter!
Whilst the size of the Millennium Falcon remains in doubt, the Outrider's size is fairly well known.
West End Games gives a ship length of 21 metres.
The ILM design drawings give a *width* (including the 'outrigger') of 28.5 metres.
The saucer section has a diameter of just under 20m, and so, if you include the engine outlets, the WEG length of 21m is acceptable.

The main saucer hull is rather flat - unlike the gracefully curved main hull of the YT1300. The height of this flat disk is only about 2m (6'6''), which allowing for the thickness of the hull plating, leaves very little headroom. Fortunately, there are large central bulges top and bottom, around the gunwells. These allow greater headroom in the central parts of the vessel.

Because of the low sectional height of this ship, there is essentially NO room for mechanicals or storage beneath the floor or in the ceiling. Unlike the Millennium Falcon, the  Outrider has to fit everything in side-by-side.

This ship is rather small in internal capacity for a dedicated freighter.

but our Models are (currently) not entirely accurate Size wise. Our TIE Interceptor for example is 20 m long, whereas the official SW Databank tells us it's only supposed to be 9.6 m long ( http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/tieinterceptor/ ). So use the above stats for your proportions and scale it around later.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
No! Forget the Outrider, but the YT-2000... now that is a ship.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
HaHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAaaaa,
The 2000 series is utter ARSE, (no offense) The forks cant be used cos theres a bloomin great cockpit pod in the way, and it keeps getting bought by stupid families who get there space stations nicked......
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
eh, i remember in xwa i destoryed 5 star destroyers + all their fighters in the same mission with the yt-2000;7 , but i like the dash rendar's ship too, they will surely be added but the precedence goes to other ships...btw as black wolf said if you do -or find someone to do it at an accettable quality we'll surely add them to the conversion

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Colonol Dekker
HaHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAaaaa,
The 2000 series is utter ARSE, (no offense) The forks cant be used cos theres a bloomin great cockpit pod in the way, and it keeps getting bought by stupid families who get there space stations nicked......

...who then proceed to become pivotal charachters in the fall of the Empire in the same plotline of the story ;)

And what would you use the forks for anyway? The only thing they do on the Falcon is house lights and sit between the concussion torp launchers...

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Actually they hold cargo loading arms that 'feed' the cargo into the interior bays.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
HaHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAaaaa,

And what would you use the forks for anyway? The only thing they do on the Falcon is house lights and sit between the concussion torp launchers...

yeah, like GE said, They hold the cargo  bay ramps and hold and such. There's really no reaosn for there to be gaps on the YT-2000

eh, i remember in xwa i destoryed 5 star destroyers + all their fighters in the same mission with the yt-2000 , but i like the dash rendar's ship too, they will surely be added but the precedence goes to other ships...btw as black wolf said if you do -or find someone to do it at an accettable quality we'll surely add them to the conversion

I remember that mission, the Escape from Kessel i think. The robot makes the wrong calculations and you end up in the center of an imperial firing range. :shaking:
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
After careful examination of the Essential Guide to Veihcles and Vessels I have a few suggestions:

A-9 Vigilante
Carrack Cruiser
Cloakshape Fighter
Ubrikkian Talon 1 Combat Cloud Car
Eclipse
Flurry
Slave I
I-7 Howlrunner
Incom Y-4
The Ssi-Ruuvi vessels
Wild Karrde

:D :D

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
We're sorting out the ship list right now in the Internal forum. I have the Essential Guide too, so don't you worry.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Originally posted by Thunder
No! Forget the Outrider, but the YT-2000... now that is a ship.

actually i'm going to have to say do the Outrider instead... the outrider is the second fastest ship in the book (the millenial falcon being the fastest)... in hyperspace i mean

i can't remember the statistics, or anything, but i think the falcon was a .5, and the outrider a close .7.

both had illegal, bootlegged drives

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Yeah the otana was great ingame, but otherwise.. meh

Falcon - .5

Outridder - .75

IIRC they raced before Hoth. Dash lost by some.

Anyone actually make a model of the *gasp* Falcon herself? :drevil:  

or perhaps a regular Yt - 1300 ?
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by Knight Templar

or perhaps a regular Yt - 1300 ?

Not yet, but we'll get there - the YT 1300 was a rare ship, and we're concentrating on the more common ones right now (at least until we get a few more modders), but the fact that it's the falcon means that we'll get it in there eventually. :D
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by Knight Templar

Bah. Who needs a model of the Falcon, when you could have one of the Falsehood instead, complete with droid-crushing action! :D
-C

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Will you be making the Death Star? If so, how will you manage it? It's huge is it not? 120km in diameter to be exact, can the FS engine support this?

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
i have an idea for a DS..well i'll give it at least a try, that's obvious, maybe since you won't surely approach a DS from space (it would take ages) we may work on different solutions for different missions, but i'll give a try at my idea first;)
size is the only thing i'm afraid of but if venom can put a 200km planet in game this shouldn't be a prob

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
You could copy alliance (1st endor DS mission) and just use an image on the bg with a Superlaser equipped alastor about 2000000k away :D but a model would be good, Especially if it was the second DS so we could fly around the incomplete struts, And ram an SSD into it, (after a kamikaze A-wing of course)

btw OUTRIDER IS KING, The outrider may not be the fastest ship :D but it more than outguns the Falcon and Otana, It could take on a corellian gunship i reckon,
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Originally posted by Black Wolf
...the YT 1300 was a rare ship...

Say what? The YT-1300 has got to be one of the most (if not the most) common light freighter in the SW galaxy! The YT-1300 has been around for decades by the time of Episode IV and has been sold to thousands of light freighter captains all over the galaxy.

The number of stock variants and conversion kits of the YT-1300 alone earned millions of credits for Corellian Engineering Corp.

Modding problems aside, the YT-1300 was NOT rare.
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast