Author Topic: Death Star II  (Read 7706 times)

Offline Hudzy

• Apollo Pilot
That reminds me of one of the renders in the freespace story series. The green and red beams clashing with a neat effect at the point of contact. And the Knossos in the background.

:nervous: I'm sure someone knows what I'm on about.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
-C

If you want to be chased by explosions, why not make a very small, cloaked object and place them in the tunnel in a line. SEXPs can then be used to explode them sequentially and I think that the explosion damage can be set for each object, so you can take your Millenium Falcon out through an explosion and not be hurt too much.
If that feature doesn't exist already, ask the nice people who are thrashing the source code to add features to set the explosion size (and time) without using shockwaves and possibly to change the time taken for a ship to disintegrate after it goes to 0% health.
"Once I destroyed the world with nuclear fire to clear the way for my cybernetic future. I now intend to further shape the world into my own image by surgically removing unwanted growths like yourself!"
- NEXUS, Warzone 2100

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
I like that idea!

The first would be hassle, and the second would take time, but I'm sure it could be done. :)
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Incedentally, you can instantly vaporize a ship by sabotaging the hull subsystem 101%. Useful for superlaser impacts.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
Originally posted by Sheepy
*walks in*

My suggestion would be come at it from a different angle, have the same major events as in the films, but for the love of god, DONT TRY TO BE LUKE!

It think the it will work best not as a 'Wannabe luke' game, you guys probably have been running through this idea already but i didnt look over the whole forum, so sue me :D

*goes again*

Ummm guys ... I think he means basically ,... don't try to play the MAIN movie out.

I mean ,...with what....TWO ENTIRE FLEETS,...I think there's plenty of things to do OUTSIDE while the falcon is blowing up the DS2 ;)

"Concentrate all firepower on that Super Stardestroyer"

Hmmmm Primary Objective 1: Take out Shield subsystem of Executor ?

Secondary Objective : Sit back and watch litle A Wing slam into Executor....causing the Bridge Crew to **** themselves before dying. :D

The story of what happened outside during Lando's attack could be quite dramatic,... and saves the whole "doing the DS2 tunnel and such.  But if you guys do try the tunnel ... I'd suggest the method XWA did. Missions outside leading to a mission that starts in the tunnel.
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron, Forever remembered.

Do or Do Not,..There Is No Spoon

To Fly Exotic Ships, Meet Exotic People, and Kill Them.

We may rise and fall, but in the end
 We meet our fate together

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Or you could have the player be the A-wing that crashes... :nervous:

Originally posted by Killfrenzy
you've got to make sure that she stays exploding for long enough, because if she blows whilst you're still inside, some VERY STRANGE things start to happen......

Eh?  I've been messing around with GE's fused Karnak, and I tried blowing it up while I was still in the central chamber.  Nothing out of the ordinary happened.

And I don't think that destruction time is tied to mass - I think it's tied to the amount of damage the explosion causes, or something.  Otherwise, why does it take so long for the Karnak reactor to explode?

As far as explosions chasing you up the tunnel... if you want to use the SCP, I'll be adding an explosion sexp soon that can be set off anywhere, any time you want to.  You can have it consistently 10m behind the player if you want. :nod:

Offline Hudzy

• Apollo Pilot
Now that sounds good :D

Offline Killfrenzy

• Randomly Existing
Goober, I tried it with a big cube with a tunnel - I didn't make it out in time and the thing blew up with me still half way out.

I was slamming into INVISIBLE things!
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
------------

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Hmm.

Weird.  Probably the best solution is to self-destruct the player if he doesn't make it out in time. :)

Offline Killfrenzy

• Randomly Existing
That's fair enough, but the thing didn't take long enough to explode to let you get down a decent enough length of tunnel. You have to make it a challenge to get down this tunnel, AND have the thing explode for long enough so that you can make it out.
------------

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Explosion sexp has been implemented, so now you can have explosions chase the player up the tunnel. :)

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo