Author Topic: Mon Remonda  (Read 6137 times)

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
I've started work on the Mon Remonda, mainly because she's the simplest of the Cals to do. I know she's not slated for initial release, but the MC80 and ESPECIALLY Home One are going to be VERY annoying!

I have a small question: Where the hell are the hangars? The EGTVAV points to a small opening as a 'Landing Bay' but if that TINY opening is for the squadrons as well then Mon Remonda easily rivals an SSD in size! Now, we know that's not the case (how long IS she anyway?) so where are they?
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
I think what the Essential Guide means is that the whole slit down the side is for the hangar, all that bit with the exposed towers, if you catch my drift.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
In the OPT I converted, the hangars were cut into the sides of the two side pods facing outwards. Take a look at it, or find screenshots of the original.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

• Koala-monkey
I think that's what I meant. Where might I find yours?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

• Koala-monkey
That's more or less the idea I had, except they were more like slits, running the full length of the pod, in order to allow many ships to launch at once.

yeah.. in the X-wing books the Mon Remonda was able to launch all of it's 4 fighter squadrons at once.. :)
cya Challenger
if you want a Dominion-exterminator - you've got him
n00b pilot. :p

• Koala-monkey
My point is proven...:D

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
i'm looking for references for the liberty, but the only blueprints i found are those from the essential guide, and compared to movie shots they don't seem too accurate+ they are missing the top view.... can somebody point me in the right direction ? i'm working now with the images from the techcommentaries, but a schematic could help a lot

Originally posted by KARMA
i'm looking for references for the liberty, but the only blueprints i found are those from the essential guide, and compared to movie shots they don't seem too accurate+ they are missing the top view.... can somebody point me in the right direction ? i'm working now with the images from the techcommentaries, but a schematic could help a lot

never found any schematics as well. I had to work on bore sight - you can see the result in the Gallery of mine. If needed I can change the Viscount around so it becomes a MC80a :)
cya Challenger

If you need some references of the Liberty, try this page. Lots and lots of photos of the studio model:

Exhibition: Liberty

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
Okay, I'll give it a try. *Kicks trueSpace a bit* OOh, ode to a stern view......
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
yes, i already using those shots, thanks anyway
btw this ship is pure pain in the ass to be modelled:) (althought she's growing, slowly but growing)

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
early wip:

well it seem i did the hard part finally, the rear, but i'm little doubtful about how it will work in game and i'm not completely satisfied from the result...at least i will be able to use this model as reference if i'll have to redo the mesh
still missing all the blubs + the connection with the wings for the liberty
the only funny part of this ship is that you earn two at the price of one, since the winged and the wingless are almost the same ship and they cover the big part of the rebel fleet, so it will be possible to make a demo with a semirealistic rebel fleet.
I think i'll need some help (if the model will work in game w/o zbuffer or clippings so that it will not need to be redone), for turretts and stabilization, in order to speed up my work, but what makes me really sick are textures: from the images i saw the liberty doesn't have a "general" plating that you can do with just a couple of  textures repeated all over the hull, but to map a ship of this size with custom textures will be... :shaking:
Once you will finish the remonda, killfrenzy, we will have to do just the home one and the light cruiser (that is not canon but very useful as medium size ship largely used) to complete all the needed calamari ships
« Last Edit: May 27, 2003, 09:34:46 am by 433 »

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Oi! You're supposed to be texturing the Correllian Corvette! :p

Seriously though, sweet model :yes: . Sadly, I'm not big on Calamarian designs, so I'm not exactly sure what the Liberty did... but the model is cool :nod:.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Originally posted by Black Wolf

Seriously though, sweet model :yes: . Sadly, I'm not big on Calamarian designs, so I'm not exactly sure what the Liberty did... but the model is cool :nod:.

It has been gloriously blown up by the Death star :D
[edit] rather: has been the first MonCal to be destroyed by the DS
cya Challenger

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
Originally posted by Black Wolf

[COLOR]

you mean...to make textures like this?

:cool: :cool:
yes, well i was little tired and i needed to change activity:p, expecially when i saw that i made some errors in this engine texture and i'll need to partially redo it:blah:

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Hmmm...

Yeah, That'll do.

:p
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
mmm 1600 polys, no turretts, proportions are not perfectly correct (too long), still have to stabilize, i think that truespace didn't remove some edges after triangulization even when they were unuseful (but i'm surely not going to search em),
and i have absolutely no idea how/if it will work in game...btw...

edit- i just realize i forgot the hangar:p
« Last Edit: June 11, 2003, 05:24:15 pm by 433 »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
What's that? And more importantly, why aren't you using geospheres?