Author Topic: [FA] Campaign 1 Mission 1 - Willy_Principal . Complete and ready to download  (Read 20442 times)

[FA] Campaign 1 Mission 1 - Willy_Principal . Complete and ready to download
December 26th, 2004:
The Mission 1 from the Campaign 1 of the FRED Academy is ready.
i think it took me about 35 hours to make it...
It has everything. Command Briefing, briefing, in-game chatter, civilian traffic, debriefing, background, etc...

update, February 4th, 2005. Minor changes...
update, February 5th, 2005. micro changes...
update, February 7th, 2005. minor changes...

To download use this link:
http://www.geocities.com/willy_principal/fac1m1-willy_principal.zip

It's a zipped VP file, with everything. The model, maps, sounds, mission, tables and interfase icons...

This mission is finished, i'll no longer improve it (unless someone find some sort of problem in it)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 07:27:54 pm by 2309 »
Developing a FS2 Campaign:
Corruptible, everyone has a price

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
[FA] Campaign 1 Mission 1 - Willy_Principal
Okay. I'll test this as soon as I'm done checking through the rest of HLP

EDIT : It's now 2 damn hours later and I still haven't finished :rolleyes: I've got to trim down the amount of HLP I read! :D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 06:51:32 pm by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I'll give it a whirl too.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Okay. I gave it a try :)

1) I noticed a couple of minor gramatical errors. For instance you repeatedly refer to someone fighting on a system rather than in one. Not a huge problem though since on average your English was a hell of a lot better than my Spanish :D

2) Don't add the hotkeys for each wing to the directives. It tends to clutter things up. You don't need the alt-J for warp out either since I think anyone playing this campaign should have been through the main one already :)

3) While we're talking about directives you forgot to chain the Return to base event to the one above it. As a result you get the return to base directive as soon as you start :D

4) Give Aries and cancer wings a delay between waves. It doesn't look good for another wave to appear out of subspace immediately after the last one died every time.

5) Don't refer to GTI Acheron 1 by that name. Rename it to something suitable. Big Earls Bar and Grill or something suitable :D

6) Your AWOL message didn't work. The flaw is most likely your use of the is-goal-incomplete SEXP.  This and the corresponding is-event-incomplete should not be used in debriefings as immediately upon the end of a mission FS2 reclassifies any event that didn't trigger as false. As such is-event-incomplete will never trigger in a debrief.

7) You might want to tune the salty language in the AWOL debrief down a little. Some of us are below 18 you know :D

8) As a test I flew to about 12,000km out at the start and just let the mission run at high speed. To my surprise the GTVA won the first time cause the enemy just hung about ignoring the Acheron. Probably a glitch but if there is any reason why you think they might do that you may want to address it

Apart from that I pretty much enjoyed the mission :D

I remade the Mission............. BEFORE i read your post Karajoma. I fixed some bugs, but others that you mentioned and still there...

even so, the mission has been greatly improved.
it's more complex, longer, and bigger...
Go here to get the download links:
www.geocities.com/willy_principal/freespace_sector

1) I noticed a couple of minor gramatical errors. For instance you repeatedly refer to someone fighting on a system rather than in one. Not a huge problem though since on average your English was a hell of a lot better than my Spanish :D

Willy: oh....they are fighting IN (inside) the system, not ON (like, above, or something)...

2) Don't add the hotkeys for each wing to the directives. It tends to clutter things up. You don't need the alt-J for warp out either since I think anyone playing this campaign should have been through the main one already :)

Willy: alright, ALT-J removed...but the wing hotkeys are still there, and they are even more...

3) While we're talking about directives you forgot to chain the Return to base event to the one above it. As a result you get the return to base directive as soon as you start :D

Willy: Fixed...

4) Give Aries and cancer wings a delay between waves. It doesn't look good for another wave to appear out of subspace immediately after the last one died every time.

Willy: problem still there..........fixing in progress...

5) Don't refer to GTI Acheron 1 by that name. Rename it to something suitable. Big Earls Bar and Grill or something suitable :D

Willy: Errr.......problem is still there. Fixing in progress...

6) Your AWOL message didn't work. The flaw is most likely your use of the is-goal-incomplete SEXP.  This and the corresponding is-event-incomplete should not be used in debriefings as immediately upon the end of a mission FS2 reclassifies any event that didn't trigger as false. As such is-event-incomplete will never trigger in a debrief.

Willy: problem is still there...fixing in progress...

7) You might want to tune the salty language in the AWOL debrief down a little. Some of us are below 18 you know :D

Willy: lol...fixing NOT in progress... (Why? the AWOL message doesn't works anyway)

8) As a test I flew to about 12,000km out at the start and just let the mission run at high speed. To my surprise the GTVA won the first time cause the enemy just hung about ignoring the Acheron. Probably a glitch but if there is any reason why you think they might do that you may want to address it

Willy: I think i forgot to effectebly Beam-free-all the NTC Horizon. problem fixed.

Apart from that I pretty much enjoyed the mission

Wily: the mission is longer, and i tried to make more tight the campaign, so i added a connection with the Mission 3 of the Campaign 1...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2004, 07:19:31 pm by 2309 »

Karajoma: all problems appointed by you are solved...except some minor problems that i didn't found...

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Okay. Time for another test then :D

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
meh... didnt test... im just waitin for C4...
what missions are still WIP for C1?
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Well this one is.

Since the beams were enabled on the cruiser the mission's become too bloody hard. Hmmmm. Maybe if I try sticking near the Acheron I'll stand a chance.

That's what the player is supposed to do...
that's why Alpha 2 (or alpha 4) tells you that's better to stay near the Achilles and wait till the rebel fighters get blasted by the Achilles' guns.
(Well, alpha 3 tells you that you must attack the NTC Horizon before it's beams destroys the GTI Achilles...but...remember that the Horizon beams are slash-type...ineffective at long range)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 06:01:41 pm by 2309 »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Odd. I don't recall seeing that. Oh well I'll play it again.

You may have an older version...
i uploaded a newer version with those things in 05/12/04 (December 5th, year 2004)....
download it again...
the links are here:
www.geocities.com/willy_principal/freespace_sector

I think the file is this, not sure:
www.geocities.com/willy_principal/fac1m1-willy_principal.zip

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Okay. I downloaded it and gave it a try. Can't say much about the play balance cause I only realised after I finished that I had it on very easy (which I'd set to play another mission) :rolleyes:

I'll give it another try on a slightly harder setting in a bit :)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Nope. Still finding it way too hard (even if I stay near the station) What level are you playtesting this on?

It's in Medium...
i stay near the Achilles....wait 'till the NTC Horizon is at 2000 meters...then attack with all my forces...fire double guns, double missiles...and destroy it...you might get one or two AAA shots, but you'll survive....

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Hmmmm. I'm finding every mission I test too hard in medium. Maybe there's a pattern there... :D

Oh well until I get some playtesting done by someone else I can't tell if it's just me being crap or if the mission really is too hard.

I didn't detect any major FREDding errors though. To be fair I was too busy dying to look hard :D

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken