Author Topic: Your alltime favourites  (Read 11774 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: Your alltime favourites
I don't know the years except for FS2! SHUT UP! STOP JUDGING ME![/Farnsworth voice]

Mechwarrior 2
All its expansions
Freespace 1
Freespace 2
Medal of Honors 1 and Underground (jesus, the way the computer registered hits on the Nazis was five times better than the ones that are out today, plus trhe animations were almost life-like.)
A few PS1 games I'm too lazy to mention.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Roanoke

Afterburner. In the arcade with the big rotating seat. Class.

Unless the missle button was broke.

Which it usually was.

Daytona in the arcade was great too. And maybe Arcade Tekken 3.

Offline Dysko

I enjoyed the good old Falcon 3...
More recently, Operation Flashpoint (also with Red Hammer and Resistance expansions), Need for Speed (Underground 1 & 2 and Most Wanted), X-Plane 8 and, obviously, the FreeSpace series.
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Star Wars Trilogy in the Arcade was always a great time killer at the movie theatre waiting for seating to start.  ;)
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
X-Plane's Plane Builder is a great thing to have...  :D

My Very First Model was made with that little piece of software.

Same thing exported to Blender and with some edits can be seen here. Though X-Plane Builder has very many annoying glitches and loads of stupid behaviour - like not having undo function.

Even so, plane builder makes it easier (for me) to make more or less precise plans of ship before modeling it. I had that ship on paper long before I put it into polygon form...

Ehm... carry on with the good games list.

Operation Flashpoint was good, but it was also a resource hog. I can't get it to run really smooth on my current computer (with AMD64 3200+ and GeForce6600) for some reason.

...and it had a quite interesting array of glitches that me and my cousin utilized one summer some time ago.

For example, if you create a mission that has s***loads of powerful mines in one pile and put yourself into a, say, M1A2 Abrams tank as any of the tank people, and place tank on top of a mentioned mine pile, then get into mission... BOOM HEADSHOT.

Except that you don't die. You pummel into lower atmosphere in about ½-1 minutes of ballistic flight. Then you fall back to earth, and you can start crawling away. You won't be able to walk, but you're alive... :lol:

Another interesting thing to try is to DL or create a custom map with very high, vertical mountain. Put yourself in a vehicle on top of mentioned mountain. Carefully drive over the edge. Once you start falling, your vehicle actually keeps attached to vertical surface, and you can drive down along the side of the mountain, achieving "high" speeds (like, about 500 km/h with a tank).

Third nice thing - try what a zodic boat does if you manage to make it fall into water backside first... The effect is interesting.

Regardless, Finnish Defence Force mod was great fun with its nice campaign situated in the same island(s) some time later, putting you in the role of Finnish peace keeper... :cool:
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
On a sidenote, I've rediscovered my love for the "______ Strike" series.  I just blew through Desert/Jungle/Urban Strike over the last few weeks.

Bows down to the Urban Strikeyness............
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
I forgot one classic.....Spyhunter on the Commodore 64.

Loved that games to pieces.......literally :nervous:
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
The love betwixt a man and a tape casette is something best not mentioned here, Tis is hallowed ground.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png