Author Topic: need advice  (Read 1299 times)

Offline starlord

Several times now I have found before me the mention of 2 space sims called jumpgate and allegiance. Yet the fact that they were labelled multiplayer only has always hindered me. I would like to ask the ones who tried them. Is there some sort of campaign inside those games which can STILL be played on solo? or should I give up on them?

Awaiting your advice.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Jumpgate, though I haven't played it, did look fairly good when I checked it out.  I don't know anything about Allegiance, though.

However, any game that forces you to use the internet for basic functioning and gameplay completely fails.  It's much more effective to add a single player as well as the usual multiplayer environment whenever possible; it makes people try and fall in love with the multiplayer modes much more effectively than if the developers skipped the single player stuff altogether, ironically.  It's also great for modding and game longevity to have a single player mode, in most cases.

Offline starlord

From what I read times and times, there's no single player thing (However, I was informed once that xwing vs tie fighter was multi only also, and it turned out it wasn't).

Sorry: close the thread: both are multi only (damn!)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 07:03:36 pm by starlord »

Offline Davros

alleigence rocks
no single player, but its free and you should play it

http://www.freeallegiance.org/

Offline starlord

Sorry, if it's multi, no deal! :sigh: Wouldn't even know how to settle the damn thing anyway.