Author Topic: Hawken (a game with Mechs!)  (Read 9230 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: Hawken (a game with Mechs!)
Looks fun!, me want.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I've got to say that at the end of the day, this just looks like another run-around-and-shoot-'em-up game. It doesn't glean much interest from me.

Something more like Steel Battalion might be better to my liking, but with a further realistic twist. Maybe an ArmA mod could do that...
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

I've been following this one for a while, and I'm really interested. Theres a few more videos floating around, and I know Mektek has huge interest in this.

I'm still more interested in the new Steel Battalion though....

Offline Topgun

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
The crazy thing... they built this with 6 full time people and 3 interns in 9 months.

We can't get a mid size mod around here out in 9 months... what tha....
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

It looks an awful lot like Front Mission Evolved. And having played that (it sucked) after liking it from trailers, I can't seem to muster any excitement this time around. Could turn out to be the game that one should have been though.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
The crazy thing... they built this with 6 full time people and 3 interns in 9 months.

We can't get a mid size mod around here out in 9 months... what tha....

Note the adjective "full time."  Implies 8 hours a day for at least five days a week, last I checked (40 hours a week).  If you can find a mid sized mod on HLP that has ANYONE staffed full time, you will win at least one internet.

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
True true... and I knew someone would come up with something when I said it.

According to the Kotaku interview, they are doing 7 to 9 hours a day, interns I think said 3 hours in a rotating fashion.
Plus other jobs and/or families.

Still impressive either way.
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Looks good, I like the terrain very much (looks nice futuristic). The muzzleflash is a little annoying, and the mech needs deeper stump sounds. Jumpjets are a little overused imo, they are more flying than walking. Still, I like it.

What I don't like, seems to be a little to fast for me and a simple MP "shoot the other players".  Not really something I take joy in.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
IMO it looks like it has as much Descent in it as it does Mechwarrior. It has my interest.

Offline Enzo03

I once said that my computer has been able to play every game that I'd actually WANT to play because there simply aren't any new games out that interest me at all.

I can't say that anymore :(
21:20:19   SpardaSon21: "hey baby, want to get a good look at my AC/20?
21:20:26   Spoon: I'd hit it like the fist of steiner

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Sololop

Also, try and pay close attention to the Sounds in the game. It's just awesome.

Hopefully Hawken is moddable.  I so want a MechWarrior mod on that engine.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Enzo03

Also, try and pay close attention to the Sounds in the game. It's just awesome.
In-****ing-deed.
The part with the ship pounded my ears with epic bass.
21:20:19   SpardaSon21: "hey baby, want to get a good look at my AC/20?
21:20:26   Spoon: I'd hit it like the fist of steiner

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
It looks interesting indeed. I hope (like Thaeris said) that it wont end up being just a random shoot-em-blast-em-up (which is nice for a while though) and have a campaing of some sort. OR be moddable so that the tube-community could make a campaing for it.
Habeeb it...

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
It looks interesting indeed. I hope (like Thaeris said) that it wont end up being just a random shoot-em-blast-em-up (which is nice for a while though) and have a campaing of some sort. OR be moddable so that the tube-community could make a campaing for it.

From what I've seen, looks like they're planning multi-only.

On the bright side, since it's on the Unreal engine, it should be extremely moddable.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Looks like Chromehounds except first person.....and actually good  :nervous:
Interesting.
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
New trailer seems pretty generic, overall, but I still like the look of the game (Descent combat pacing, with mechs).