Author Topic: ME 3 Omega Out now worldwide(except Europe)  (Read 1737 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
ME 3 Omega Out now worldwide(except Europe)
I could of sworn i had made a topic before about ME3 Omega, but can't seem to find it. Anyway the launch trailer has been released for Omega

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdSFu3RESXU&feature=player_embedded

I have to say it actually looks really good, in fact i think it looks better than main ME3 storyline.

Also i see that casey hudson has been asking fans what they want in Mass Effect 4, wether it be a prequel/sequel and what/who they want to see in it with the exception of Sheppard. The only concrete thing is no more sheppard.

Now i really not sure if asking the fans to decide if the fourth is a prequel or sequel is a good idea. This to me means that Bioware is kind of scared to make its own mind up in fear of angering fans again. I really think letting the fans decide is a mistake because they will not be able to please everbody, no matter what they do some people will not be happy, so i think bioware should take a deep breath and take charge again, Its there IP, we really shouldn't have a major say in the story they want to tell.

Edit it has now been released worldwide execpt for europe, which technically means it hasn't been released worldwide, is europe no longer part of the world LOL
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 11:14:07 am by starbug »
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: ME 3 Omega launch trailer
Never heard of it, what's it all about then? ;)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Now i really not sure if asking the fans to decide if the fourth is a prequel or sequel is a good idea. This to me means that Bioware is kind of scared to make its own mind up in fear of angering fans again. I really think letting the fans decide is a mistake because they will not be able to please everbody, no matter what they do some people will not be happy, so i think bioware should take a deep breath and take charge again, Its there IP, we really shouldn't have a major say in the story they want to tell.

I'm not seeing it that way. I see it as "Bioware has already told the story they want to tell". I think this is EA pressuring them to make more Mass Effect because it's a profitable product. And since they didn't really think of stories beyond the trilogy, they're idea-fishing.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Luis Dias

Can't wait to see the playthrough in Youtube :D

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
Never heard of it, what's it all about then? ;)

Aria taking back Omega from Cerberus assholes, who, apparently broke the golden rule of Omega.
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
Re: ME 3 Omega Out now worldwide(except Europe)
really wish people would use different music.

Offline Mikes

Finished it and quite liked it :)

As far as DLC in general goes... this is definitely one of the better ones.

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
It is in fact a pale shadow of lair of shadow broker it does not come even close to being a good DLC. it is so far the WORST selling DLC ME has ever had. it had nothing, no story no squadies. it was a husk, it was a "shooter" not an rpg. if i want to play a shooter ill play BF3.

This. Was. Trash.
I hate My signature!

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I've enjoyed it so far, but that's only up to actually getting onto Omega.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Well, my impressions so far are not really positive. Several things about this DLC just rub me the wrong way.

1. The Setup
Unlike the BioWare writing staff and a lot of people out there, I never really cared for Aria. The Narrative in ME2 would have us believe that she's really rather powerful, but in the context of Shepard's mission, she's a bridge troll, an obstacle to be passed (Think about it: Does anything that is happening on Omega actually require a character like Aria? How much of a role does she play after you've recruited Mordin and Garrus and done Samara's loyalty mission?). As such, I was less than enamored by the idea of having to play as her little gun-for-hire; this DLC's requirement to leave the Squad and Normandy behind because "I don't like the company you keep" is a plot point that is so very contrived that my immersion took an immediate hit to the chest.

2. Aria T'loak
Did I mention that I'm really not a fan of her? That I would rather ignore her and let her play at being powerful while rotting away in a little bar on the Citadel?
In this DLC, the character is trying to get back into her comfort zone; unfortunately, that requires a measure of Charisma when trying to negotiate stuff with the sole local merc gang still operating. This is pretty unfortunate because however good an actress Carrie-Ann Moss is when in little personal scenes, she somewhat sucks at delivering rousing speeches.

3. The Music
I'm not sure whether I hit a bug here or what, but long passages of gameplay and cutscenes here were completely devoid of any of the usually rather good Mass Effect score. It's not a very good situation, let me tell you.

4. The Gameplay
It's ME3, with a few things adapted from Multiplayer.

Which would be fine, except that Leviathan did that better; and of course Lair of the Shadow Broker had that fun little driving scene to break things up. I am not sure whether something like this will happen later on (I really really doubt it); but even so, for the DLC pack that was purported to be the largest ever, this is rather weak.
The side missions being offered are also hampered by being tied into a very rigid mission structure that does not allow you to go back and do things you left out. There could have been somewhat more here, I think.

5. The Setting
It's on Omega (duh). That of course means the pallette will not deviate all that far from the established rusty brown we know; although the level design is good, and some of the Vistas rather amazing, it all blends together in my mind somewhat.

If there's one thing I find to be not-entirely-negative, it would be Nyreen, if only because she seems to be not all that into Aria as well.
Overall, my recommendation has to be to skip this one unless you like Aria.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Decent, but not good, is my verdict.

Making Aria even slightly more sympathetic (which is what they seemed to be trying to do with this DLC) kind of undermines her character, to me. And I don't particularly care what happens to Omega. It was a nice change of pace in ME2 from the bright shininess of the Citadel and showing the more downtrodden side of the galaxy, but Omega isn't a place I feel like fighting for, and I don't particularly find Cerberus very much fun to fight. Their pathetic new "let's walk in a straight line while getting shot in the head" mechs didn't do much to help in that regard.

Spoiler:
The Adjutants were also extremely underwhelming. They were hyped up, everyone was scared ****less of them, they slaughtered a bunch of people... and then they turn out to be essentially easy-mode Banshees. *yawn* They weren't even all that scary to look at.

Now: the good. The gameplay is as good as ever, and I liked some of the vistas inside Omega (that mine shaft was damned impressive). It was fun seeing Harrot again, and I liked some of the NPC's milling around. I also liked that General Petrovsky commanded with some semblance of actual tactical capability. Those force fields were actually kind of cool. We finally get to see what female turians look like. Also, chess set.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
they were remapped cannibals with more HP heh
I hate My signature!

Offline Luis Dias

I saw the youtube walkthrough. Now, ME is officially over for me. Shepard has done everything he/she could to give some color to our universe... ahhh or something.

A different team is working on a future different Mass Effect, and I think that may be a different beast but only if real talent and creative desire rule the development, to which I am more than doubtful of.