Author Topic: GOG has Fallouts 1 & 2 For FREEEEE  (Read 5954 times)

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
Re: GOG has Fallouts 1 & 2 For FREEEEE
To be honest Fallout New Vegas isn't about the mainplot. It is pretty much the worst questline in the whole game. As in almost all other Fallout games. Just run straight into the world and into whichever direction you'd like to. It doesn't matter. Just try not to kill named NPCs just for the hell of it, or you might break some quests later on. The fallout series is a true embodiment of the term "open world". You can run around aimlessly, you can chart the whole world map systematically, or you can just talk to the very next named NPC and probably will embark on a journey through half of the worldmap anyway.

Your best bet is ignoring the main plot and leaving that for last.
You thought Caesar was boring?
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Playing the bad guy in New Vegas is the best way to play New Vegas.

i made a character in new vegas and briefly walked around the town outside.  however i quickly discovered the 'all dlc included' edition it came in pretty much ruined the start of the game.  i'm loaded to the gills with weapons already that are probably stupidly overpowered, and have no idea which of the like 10 quests available is the plot one and which are tack-on dlc ones.

If you don't like having that stuff (yeah it kills a lot of the early game fun), you can just tick off the add-ons in the launcher under I think "data files".

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i don't recall there being a launcher, but thanks for the heads up.  i'll look into it when it comes back around in my playlist.  i'm doing a lot of wii/gamecube games at the moment.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Sarkoth

• Ser Campaign-listador
You thought Caesar was boring?

My memory stands corrected, that was actually fun. Especially that you could kill him without breaking the questline during surgery.
Only the one passed trough darkness obtains the right to ask for light

You could murder just about anyone without breaking the main plot IIRC (unless bugs). I like how the game is designed to allow that (unlike F3, which had immortal people everywhere).

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Best bug of Fallout 3 is the ability to recruit ALL the followers and have them follow you around

Nothing is more awesome than having a small army of virtually invincible people
"No"

Offline Torchwood

• Mechanical Templar
As far as I recall, Yes Man is the only 'immortal' character in New Vegas, so the player would always have an endgame, even if it's the 'everything has been reduced to rubble' kind.

Anyway, regarding the old Fallout trilogy, played Fallout 1 and 2, loved them, thankfully got copies that weren't the maimed German version. The new games have their strengths, too, story took a bit of a backseat in Fallout 3 IMO, but the exploration aspect was more than good enough to make up for it. I can highly recommend any of the Fallout games, they each have something that makes them excel (expect for Brotherhood of Steel)

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Hey, maybe Bethseda will release early Fallouts on their site for free. They did that with two earliest TES games, Arena and Daggerfall.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
 :banghead: Darn it! This teaches me a lesson for being to busy over the Xmas period to check the forums! Missed it! I got Fallout 3 for the PS3 last year and loved it, never played the first 2 so I would have loved that oppurtunity!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions