Author Topic: Launch Issues  (Read 1839 times)

Offline NFSRacer

• Professional aircraft crasher!
    • Steam
So, I'm picking up FS2 and FSO for the first time in a VERY long time, however I'm running into issues launching Blue Planet.  When I try launching it through the Knossos Launcher, the game immediately alters me that the game is throwing 53+ errors at me.  I don't get this issue, however, with running FSO through the MediaVP version of it.  Likewise, if I try launching into a level, the thing loads up, but it throws an exception, possibly with a line of code (I'm sending this from work, so I don't have a pic), and when I click Debug from that, I can do anything on the following screen except hit Escape.  Can I get some help with this?

:confused: :confused: :confused:
"Said 'It was up to us.  Up to us, to decide.  You've become a virus that eating up it host.  We've been watching you with all our eye, and what you seem to value most.  'So much potential'.  Or so we used to say.  Your greed, self-importance, and your arrogance, you p*** it all away.'" - NIN from Year Zero

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
So, still trying to get used to the Knossos launcher (that's how long I've been away from this game. XD), but this is the link for it: https://fsnebula.org/log/5c1efeb3cb0d332900fd57ef

The thing started throwing errors about missing weapons and such when trying to launch BP.  I didn't try the debug when trying to launch the MediaVP version of FS2.
"Said 'It was up to us.  Up to us, to decide.  You've become a virus that eating up it host.  We've been watching you with all our eye, and what you seem to value most.  'So much potential'.  Or so we used to say.  Your greed, self-importance, and your arrogance, you p*** it all away.'" - NIN from Year Zero

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
The game isn't loading the MediaVPs. You've told it to look for 'MVPS-3.7.2'. Is that where the MediaVPs are located, in a folder with that exact name?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 09:27:56 pm by General Battuta »

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
The game isn't loading the MediaVPs. You've told it to look for 'MVPS-3.7.2'. Is that where the MediaVPs are located, in a folder with that exact name?

I'm trying to run the Steam copy of the game.  The main game data is within Steam, however the FSO files and such are stored in a secondary directory.  As far as I understand, it should all be in there.

UPDATE:
Just checked the FSO directory.  MVPS-3.7.2 shows in that secondary directory, however there's nothing but a pair of icons in the directory and a JSON file in there.  There's no other VP files in there.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Well, there's your issue.

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
Well, there's your issue.

Okay, but how do I get those installed?  I check the files for BP, and it says it's all installed.  So, what's missing?

Offline QuakeIV

• test
My good sir,

I haven't really attempted to deal with the steam installation, I shall attempt to guess.

I do reckon you need to direct knossos to wherever freespace 2 is installed.

From the settings section of knossos, expand the 'knossos' section and then click 'browse' to set the 'data path' and point it to the freespace 2 installation in steam.

The path is probably something along the lines of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Freespace 2" for windows.

You can dump your currently downloaded mods into that steam freespace 2 installation directory, and I think knossos will pick up on them.  Or you can just redownload them to be safe.  I'm pretty sure knossos doesn't actually keep any metadata though, so most likely if you just move the mod folders it will work.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 01:17:50 am by QuakeIV »

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
Actually, I just redownloaded the mod and it worked, however now I'm getting an odd issue at the beginning of AoA.

LUA ERROR: [string "proBox-sct.tbm - On Mouse Released"]:2: attempt to call method 'MonitorActions' (a nil value)

------------------------------------------------------------------
ADE Debug:

stack traceback:
   [C]: in function 'MonitorActions'
   [string "proBox-sct.tbm - On Mouse Released"]:2: in main chunk

That error message comes up during the click event on the first part of the opening mission.  What is that?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.